5. Trigger Finger

"You got your finger on the trigger but your trigger finger's mine." - Billie Eilish

• • •

Pulling to a stop behind the Impala, Noah hopped out of his Jeep, rounding the other side to top off the gas tank.

Dean stepped out of the car, looking over to him, "Alright, Bobby's got it on pretty good authority tht this Bela chick lives in Queens, and that'll take me about two hours to get there."

"What are we doing then?" Noah questioned. "Well, Sam's gotta stay here because I really do not want his bad luck getting us all killed, and I really don't wanna leave him alone either, because God knows what'll happen, so..." Dean trailed.

Noah nodded, "I get it, I'm still on babysitting duty."

Dean shrugged, "Sorry."

"No, I think I'd rather he not get killed either," Noah agreed, "But you better be paying me by the hour."

"Oh, what's your going wage?" Dean jested back. "A six pack, and a night of quiet," Noah laughed. "I'll do my best to deliver," Dean saluted. "You better," Noah playfully glared.

• • •

Unlocking the motel door, Dean stepped inside, with Noah and Sam right behind him. "What am I even supposed to do, Dean?" Sam questioned. Noah led Delta through the door as well.

"Nothing, nothing, come here," Dean grabbed his little brother by the arm, dragging him over to the dining table. He pulled out one of the chairs, "I don't want you doing anything, I want you to sit right here, and don't move, okay?"

"Don't turn on the light, don't turn off the light, don't even scratch your nose," Dean pointed at him, speaking firmly.

Noah sighed, pulling another chair out and taking a seat. Dean walked abck out the door, locking it behind him as Sam scrunched up his face, muttering underneath his breath incoherently.

As soon as Sam heard the door lock, he reached up and scratched his nose. "Alright," Noah sighed, leaning back in his seat, "Well you can't move, but I'm pretty sure talking can't kill you, so... that's why I'm here, keep you from going crazy and all that."

Sam chuckled, shaking his head.

• • •

"-So I took off into the woods because I heard the leaves moving while I was counting, but you see, these little brats were smart, and they had made a ton of noise in the leaves before running the other direction and hiding near my mom's rose bushes," Noah laughed, "So here's me at ten years old, chasing after these six year olds, while they are laughing so hard in the bushes that my mom heard them from inside while she was making cookies, because she was getting concerned."

Sam laughed in harmony with Noah, paying close attention to the stories Noah told of his family before everything went to Hell in his life. This particular one was about Richard's birthday, when he begged his odler brother to be it while they played hide and seek.

"So she comes outside, and looks over and sees me running around and panting out of breath because there really wasn't much space in the woods we could run, and I was genuinly scared that like they had climbed a tree or run farther in than they should've, and then she looks for the source of the laughter and finds my little brother mocking me and all of his friends laughing their asses off, to the point where they were also running out of breath," Noah laughed harder, "And my mom gives us another few minutes before she calls us all in for cookies, effectively putting an end to all of it, but when I saw them all jump out from behind the bushes, my mouth dropped open and stayed that way for so long that she had to come over to me, and she put a cookie in my mouth."