11. Negative And Positive

"I feel that sin and evil are the negative part of you, and I think it's like a battery: you've got to have the negative and the positive to be a complete person." - Dolly Parton

• • •

Everything was as a matter of fact, not going well. Noah realized this fact as Dean's panicked voice came through the phone, this was nearly two weeks that had gone by. Dean called him everyday, and nothing.

"Any chance you've heard from him?" Dean asked him. "Sorry dude, no, I haven't heard a thing," Noah answered with a sigh, placing his bag in the back of his Jeep.

"I swear, it's like looking for my dad again, I'm losing my mind here," Dean exclaimed. Noah could hear the pitter patter of rain in the background. "Did you call him today?" Noah asked, same question he asked every day, "I know it's a long shot since he turned his phone off, but..."

"I've called him a thousand times, it's nothing but voice mail," Dean's exasprated voice crackled, "I don't know where he went or why, Sam's just... gone."

Before Noah could reply, Dean said, "Hold on." Noah figured he was getting another call. He waited a few minutes, before Dean came through the other side.

"Okay, that was Sam, he's in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, he doesn't have a clue what's going on, he panicking to high heaven and back," Dean sighed, clearly woried, "Do you think you could maek it up there with me?"

"Yeah, I'm in Iowa City, give me..." Noah looked at his map, tracking adn coutning to add up travel time, plus traffic and stops, "About three hours."

"Okay, thanks man," Dean sighed, Noah could just hear how insanely worried he was for his little brother.

"Hey, dude, it's no problem, you guys have saved my ass a time or two, I'd even go as far as to say we're friends, and Dean?" "Yeah?" "Stop stressing yourself out, he's gonna be fine."

• • •

Jogging down the hall, Noah scanned every door number, and when he looked up he saw the form of Dean stood ahead of him.

"Dean!' he called out. Dean looked back seeing the man and the dog running down the hall. He nodded, trying to keep his cool, though Noah could see in his eyes just how he was all over the place.

They walked down together, both still in a hurry, unitl they found room 110. Dean knocked loudly, "Sam, it's me."

No answer. "Sam?" Dean called out, knocking again. He tried the door knob, and the door was unlocked so he opened it, and walked in, seeing Sam seated on the bed.

Delta sensed how he was in distress, immediately jumping onto the bed and getting behind him, trying to offer some semblance of comfort. Noah took notice, knowing she could sense emotional distress extremely well as he and Dean cautiously approached Sam, who kept his gaze trained on the wall ahead of him.

Dean crouched in front of his brother, "Are you bleeding?" he asked as he saw blood on Sam's shirt. "I tried to wash it off," was Sam's quiet response. Dean looked a little closer and he straighened Sam's shirt, and there was a large circular stain of dried blood in the center of his stomach, "Oh my God." Noah's eyes widened as Dean spoke, growing slightly frantic.

"I don't think it's my blood," Sam croaked out, his voice hoarse, he looked like he was gonna be sick.

"Whose is it?" Dean asked. "I don't know," was Sam's response. "Sam, what the hell happened?" Dean questioned his brother. "Dean.." Sam started, slowly looking up, "I don't remember anything," his voice cracked.