22. I'm In Trouble

"I'm in too deep, I sold my soul, I'm out of reach and I can't let go, I'm in trouble, I'm in trouble, I made my way, a dead end road, I can't turn turn back so I walk alone, I'm in trouble." - Sleeping With Sirens

• • •

"And that's when you guys showed up," Sam concluded. He had explained the entirety of the events that occured while he was stuck with the other five.

"That's awful," Dean blinked, staring at the table, "Poor Andy." Noah took a deep breath, taking a bite of pizza.

Sam nodded in agreement, "The demon said he only wanted one of us to walk out alive."

"He told you that?" Noah inquired. "Yep," Sam scoffed, rolling his eyes, "He appeared in a dream."

"He tell you anything else?" Dean's green eyes bored into the side of his brother's head, the intense stare telling both of the other's just how revved up the man was.

Sam pursed his lips, shaking his head, "No, no, that was it, nothing else," He dismissed, "You know, what I don't get, Dean, is if the demon only wanted one of us, then how did Jake and I both get away?"

Dean looked to Noah, Noah stared back as if to say 'Don't you dare', " Well, I mean they left you for dead, I'm sure they thought it was over."

"Now that yellow-eyes has Jake, what's he gonna do with him?" Dean questioned, biting into his pizza as he stood up. Noah's eyes remained trained on the curtains.

"I don't know," Sam raised his gaze from the table, "But whatever it is, we've gotta stop him."

"Hold on, alright? You need to get your rest, we've got time," Noah piped in.

"No, we don't," Sam shook his head. "Sam, oceans aren't boiling, okay? Frogs aren't raining from the sky, let's get you your strength back first," Noah argued.

Sam stared at him for a moment before caving with a sigh, looking back to the food in front of him, "Well, did you call the Roadhouse? Do they know anything?"

Noah and Dean both tensed up. "Yeah," Dean answered lowly. Sam noticed.

"Dean..." he caught his brother's attention, "What is it?"

Dean took a seat as Noah clenched his eyes shut, taking a breath, "The Roadhouse burned to the ground, Ash is dead, Probably Ellen, a lotta other hunters too," Noah sipped on his beer.

Sam's stress already running high made tears blur his vision quickly, "Demons?"

"Yeah we think so," Dean nodded, "We think because Ash found something."

"What'd he find?" Sam asked. Noah bitterly chuckled into his bottle as he raised it to his lips, "Yeah, good question."

"Bobby's working on that right now," Dean informed him. "Well, come on then, Bobby's only a few hours away," Sam stated, having been told of Bobby's whereabouts when they sat down to eat. He went to stand, attempting to use his arms as leverage to stand and ended up hissing in pain as he stood up, his face twisted in pain. Dean jumped to action, stepping in front of his litle brother.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sam, stop! Dammit," Dean sighed when Sam gave him a look, "You almost died in there, I mean, what would I have..." Dean's voice died off as he stopped before it cracked.

Sam's eyes scanned his brother's pained expression. "How about you just take care of yourself for a little bit, huh? Just a little bit," Dean persuaded.

Sam stared at his brother, "I'm sorry, no."

Dean shook his head in exasperation as Noah sighed into the bottle at his lips. They both knew what driving to Sioux Falls entailed.