part 32: Romania

Issei: so Riser, what's this new idea of yours?

Riser: well I was thinking about infusing the goods with phoenix tears.

Issei: interesting but I need more to go on.

Riser: phoenix tears can heal almost any type of injury but not ailments. I'm think about infusing the tears in our products because this way they can heal illnesses hopefully.

Issei: I see, it's really interesting so it's worth trying.

Riser pulls out a phoenix tear, mixes it with the cake batter and baked it. It came out completely pink.

Issei: okay....it's aesthetic pink.

Riser: now we need a volunteer.

Issei: you can take it to the nearest hospital and ask a doctor if he or she will allow it.

Riser: I'll take once we close up.

Issei: it'll get cold by then, reheating it will just ruin the flavour, go and test your theory, I'll cover for you.

Riser: alright thanks, hey if you don't mind me asking, did something happen between you and Rias? You gave her one hell of a death glare earlier.

Issei: love is so brief and time is a thief, enough said.

Riser: I don't really get it but I'll figure it out eventually. Adios.

He flies away with the cake.

Issei: not the hard way I hope.

Riser got the cake to the hospital and explained his goal, the doctors agreed and tested it out on a patient with a weak stomach with their consent. The patient ate only one slice little by little. Her stomach pains were gone in a short time and was at ease. She felt hunger and could eat regular food once more, the doctors ran several tests and found that her stomach had strengthened greatly. They tired phoenix tears before but they weren't very affective. They deduced that phoenix tears in liquid form were digested quickly and being mixed with stomach acid would nearly nullify the effects. When added into food, the digestion process was slow but continuous. The digestive system would heal better because of this effect. This was a break through, they tried this with other patients and their stomaches healed as well along with their kidneys, pancreas and intestines. The heart, lungs, livers and brain were a bit more complicated but this is a great start.

Riser told his family, Issei and Ahri. They congratulate him.

Issei: this...this is how you make a difference. Way to go.

Ahri: quite the break through. Congratulations.

Ravel: mother, father and elders brother Ruval will be proud.

Riser: hehe, I'm just trying to do right by the people. Can't let you guys here make all the good changes in our lives haha.

Issei: you had one hell of an idea, I never would have thought about it.

Ahri: nor would I.

Ravel: same.

Issei: let's go celebrate. It's closing time anyway.

Riser: already?

Issei: you have been gone the whole day.

Riser: I have? Damn.. sorry I missed my shift.

Ravel: it's all good. It was a slightly slow day today.

Ahri: that's why we have energy to spare. Shall we?

All: yes!

The 4 of them go celebrate. Rias was at her home training relentlessly. The next day Issei received a message from Sirzechs.