part 27: fear or love.

As the days went by, Issei stayed home, relaxed to what little extent he could. He still felt kind of bad for making everyone lose their king, he knows that they side with him and that she's unfit. Ddraig advised him to discard any guilt, if he didn't do what he did then she would have dragged them into her shit and maybe even get them killed during a battle. Issei took his partner's advice and stopped caring but would help them in any way he can. The peerage without a master started to think about Issei's idea regarding their new king, they recalled how Rossweisse took charge when Rias failed, always let her personal mistakes get in the way while telling them to put aside their problems. They talked to Rossweisse who agreed to a trial run as their king, she did learn about being a king with Akeno's help. She lead the team better than Rias ever did. Azazel loved it when she took charge. Issei had enough of distracting himself by training or missions and wanted to master his hollow powers. He went to Rossweisse.

Rossweisse: hey Issei, need something?

Issei: I'm going to Kyoto to check on Ahri.

Rossweisse: alright, when will you be back?

Issei: I'm not sure. I don't know how long it will take to master this power or even if I can.

Rossweisse: I see....well if you need anything then call us, we got your back.

Issei: thank you....tell the others for me?

Rossweisse: I'll tell them.

Issei: alright then, I'm leaving my knife collection under my bed but I'll carry one just in case. Look after those for me. I'll be going now.

Rossweisse: good luck.

Issei: you too.

They part ways, Issei just grabs the essentials and decided to fly to Kyoto in his balance breaker, the late night air and silence felt so relaxing. He flew slowly to kill time and enjoy it. He flew until the sun was moments away from starting a new day. He walked towards the youkai faction, once he entered he was greeted by Ahri who hugged him.

Issei: you're up early...

Ahri: I felt you coming.

Ddraig: that's literally what she said.

Issei turned red and so did Ahri.

Ahri: that's...not what I meant.

Issei: Ddraig, I think I transfered my old tendencies to you.

Ddraig:............ Now I'm no different from any other perv.... I'm going to stay quiet now.

Issei: yeah...good idea. *Sigh*.... Ahri how are you fitting in?

Ahri: perfectly well, Lady Yasaka said that I'm one of them now, I don't feel like I'm the last of my kind anymore. Thank you for asking but why so formal with me?

Issei: what do you mean?

Ahri: you're acting completely different, I saw some things through your memories....that red head angered you....you nearly went full hollow on her.

Issei: I don't need a reminder of that.

Ahri: ...sorry..

Issei: let's just forget that....*sigh*..I'm here to ask you something.

Ahri perked up, she's hoping that Issei wants to get to know her.

Issei: did you master your inner hollow?

Her ears dropped and stopped swaying her tails.

Ahri: oh....that...well...no.

Issei: I see....I want to talk about this bond. I found out from my Bishop and two angels that this bond is real.