part 20: repent

Issei and Rossweisse were enjoying their shopping spree, they decided to take a break at a small local Cafe. They ordered 3 cups of coffee, one for Issei, one for Rossweisse and the 3rd for Ddraig. Ddraig and Rossweisse had their fill but Issei was silent and just stared at his coffee. It was getting cold.

Rossweisse: you've been really quiet. Yen for your thoughts?

Issei: ..... Do you think Ahri is lying?

Rossweisse: not at all, her body language was nothing like that of liars. You're thinking about the connection aren't you?

Issei: yeah.... I'm being cautious around her. What if it's another ploy to use me? What if she..

Rossweisse: Issei stop tormenting yourself. Just relax.

Issei: I don't know if I can....

Rossweisse: you need a vacation, a long one. You can travel the world. See what's out there and relax. I did that in all the 9 realms.

Issei: is that how you kept your sanity when you worked for Odin?

Rossweisse: .....it took all the beautiful places in all the 9 realms to help me stay sane enough to endure his antics.

(Ddraig: and I thought Issei's perverted antics struck my nerves. Odin should learn about how to chill, the frost giants might help.)

Issei: well now that I'm a high class devil, Sirzechs gave me this card.

He shows her the card.

Rossweisse: is it yours?

Issei: yeah, it's the cash I made from the show.......

Rossweisse: how much did you make?

Issei: no clue. Grayfia told me that there's an account but said that I can access it when I turn 20 or high class. Which ever came first.

Rossweisse: this is a master card, you can withdraw from any ATM or bank both in the human world and underworld. Hard to get one of these.

Issei: really? Hehe cool. Maybe we can use it to thank lady Yasaka for her help.

Rossweisse: and I thought you might buy more knives.

Issei: that's already on my bucket list.

Rossweisse: what else do you have on the list?

Issei: rent a car, drive on the long open roads in Norway, stay in a cabin and watch the Aurora borealis. I always wanted to do that.

Rossweisse: sounds therapeutic.

Issei: if you want to join me then let me know.

Rossweisse: are you asking me out?

Issei: sorry but no. Not a date but as friends.

Rossweisse: alright then I'm in as long as you know who doesn't bother us.

Issei's eyes turned yellow and his claws emerged.

Issei: she better not if she knows what's good for her. *Sigh.*

He calmed himself, his eyes turned brown and his claws retracted.

Issei: it's getting late, let's go see Kouno and check on Ahri.

Issei suddenly started to feel angry and was burning up. It was becoming too much, he bit his arm hard enough to draw blood, only then did the anger fade away. He stopped biting his arm and took deep breaths, Rossweisse looked on with worry, luckily no one was around to see that. She cast a small healing spell to heal his bite marks.