part 14: tour of the plant house

"Welcome, siren universe! To little homeschool!"

Peridot announced cheerfully, spreading her arms out excitedly beneath a large sign with large, sharp uppercase letters reading the words 'Little Home-school' a bright smile plastered across her face. "Here, gems from all around the galaxy can not only forge themselves a new identity, but unlock their TRUE potential and uncover a new destiny!"

"Oooooh...." your eyes twinkled in excitement as you stared up at the large sign, your anticipation growing, your wings unfurling at the sheer excitement you felt, especially after hearing peridot's enlightening words about this new place.

Forge a new identity?

Unlock true potential?

UNCOVER NEW DESTINY?

"Heh, excited, lil bud?" steven questioned, chuckling at your expression, quite amused at your fidgeting as well as the amazed expression plastered across your face.

He flinched and grunted slightly as he felt your tail start smacking against his back as it whipped around in your excited eagerness, as well as feeling your grip on his hair tighter to keep yourself balanced when your wings fluttered subtly

He flinched and grunted slightly as he felt your tail start smacking against his back as it whipped around in your excited eagerness, as well as feeling your grip on his hair tighter to keep yourself balanced when your wings fluttered subtly. "Oof, I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled, shrugging his shoulder slightly to adjust your position and shift your weight onto a more comfortable spot. "Come on, let's go. If we make em wait any longer they might get my whole upper back completely bruised with that tail of theirs." Peridot, quite pleased at your reaction herself, snickered and turned around, beckoning you and steven to follow. "Well then, come on! There's much to see!" With that, she speedwalked deeper into the small section of the village, with steven hurrying after her, setting a hand on your thigh to keep you steady. "Just stay close. okay?"

You simply smiled at him. "Okay!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You looked around, now seeing much more gems then before, all of them either moving from one location to another or sitting around and talking with one another, occasionally giggling with each other from time to time.

"As you can see, siren universe, there are a lot of gems here rediscovering themselves, turning themselves into someone even better than they are!" Peridot explained, her voice loud and clear like a proper tour guide as she gestured around her, catching the attention of a few gems within your range, immediately smiling and greeting steven when they saw him pass by, him waving back with a polite smile. However, not sooner had they noticed him, they noticed you perched on his shoulder, waving at them politely, flashing them a bright toothy smile. As you expected, your appearance gathered much attention, many eyes going wide and gasps of awe and amazement being heard. While you didn't see it, most of the gem students were startled by your appearance; namely your sharp teeth and swaying tail. Of course, steven would defuse the situation by simply explaining what you are, saying that you were safe to be around since you were with him.