part 12: meeting bismuth

"Ahh, be careful with how you hold em, peri!" peridot stopped her pacing to look over and lift an eyebrow at the teen, looking rather clueless at his distressed reaction.

She looks down at you in her arms

She looks down at you in her arms. "They don't appear to be showing any signs of discomfort..." She swayed you gently in her grip, earning a soft coo in response. "In fact... I've never supected a siren of all creatures to be so quiet and.... cooperative."

She held you up under your arms to look you in the face. You just remained still letting her inspect your small frame, sniffing in her direction again, earning smiling in interest from the gem. "Yes, this is a very unique siren you've stumbled upon." Steven shuffled impatiently on his feet, hands fiddling with one another as he tried to repress his urge to knit his brow in unrest. "I.. already told you," He appeared to be struggling to keep his voice steady against his growing tension. "(Name)'s different." He stepped close to her, forcing himself to smile. "Now if I can just have them back-"

"And they even have their very own steven universe shirt!" Peridot gushed, apparently not hearing him as she set you back on the ground, pressing a finger gently into your chest, where the star sat proudly. You squeak and recoil on instinct from the ticklish feeling, but offered a pleasant smile to the gem, fluttering your wings subtly in amusement. Peridot chuckled, her cheeks darkening slightly as she brought her hands up to her mouth, clapping them together. "Remarkable! Such an enjoyable presence!" Your eyes glittered and you pressed your hands into your blushing cheeks, letting out a joyous squeal at the attention, happily shifting from side to side on your feet. "Thank you!"

Getting positive attention from a human is one thing, but to have an exotic humanoid remotely compliment you was absolutely exhilarating.

Peridot snickered in amusement at your reaction, eyes glittering in adoration. "And you're just as excitable as well!" she set her hands on her hips. "Perhaps someday you'll grow up to be just as good as Steven Universe is!" you gasped your eyes widening in admiration and amazement.

just as good? You thought, genuinely astonished.

Really?

Can I really be as good as him?

"(Name), come here, please!"

You heard steven's voice order from behind the green gem, making you flinch and step back towards peridot, startled at how sharp it sounded. Peridot looked over at him, looking mildly displeased. "Nyeh.. You appear to be... mildly overprotective of this siren.." She observed plainly, lifting a brow in interest. After a moment, she rubbed her chin in contemplation. "Which is... quite understandable actually." She muttered, more to herself than him.

Steven grunted, appearing to get more and more vexed with each passing moment. "I-I'm not being overprotective!" His voice was raised slightly, making you shrink and peridot flinch in surprise as he cleared his throat, and forced a weak smile. "I-I just... want them over here." He tried to sound as plain as possible, pointing to the spot nearest to him. "They... still don't know their way around little homeworld yet..." His gaze flickered between you and peridot uneasily. He looked as if he was trying to hide his envy. Peridot lifted her brow quizzically. "Is that all?" Asked with a shrug, before looking down at you with a cheerful smile. "Well, they could certainly learn all they need to know about little homeworld, as well as homeworld from the great and lovable peridot!" She strikes a heroic pose making you smile and giggle in amusement. "Great and lovable purridot!" Peridot laughs, jumping slightly as she clapped. "Nyahaha! Yes, excellent! You're going to make a fine Universe indeed!" You started jumping excitedly. "Universh, universh!" In a burst of elation, you started running around the green gem playfully, chanting the words "universe" in excitement. She then started running along with you, laughing in amusement.

Unfortunately, steven wasn't moved

In fact, it looked like he lost most of his patience.

He growled inaudibly as he stepped towards the seemingly oblivious gem with a notable glare. "But I-"

"Hey guys!" A loud, energetic voice cut him off, making you jump in startlement. "What's this siren peridot's been going on about?" Peridot almost immediately stopped her play prance to regard the new voice excitedly. "Ah, Just in time!" she stepped a side, so whomever she was introducing you to could see your full body. She gestured to you dramatically and announced; "Introducing, Crystal Gem's very first Crystal Siren!"

You look up at her, slightly puzzled before directing your gaze to the person she was speaking with. Whoa... Your eyes widened at a large periwinkle/purple gem with a muscular shape in purple overalls and black boots. on her shoulder was a black star marking. And you could only assume she was yet another gem friend, as you could tell from the gemstone that uniquely sunk in the middle, revealing the multi-colored layers within it.

Tipping your head back, you look up her face, only to be further awestruck by the rainbow assortment of dreadlocks on her head, which were held back by a purple headband. She took a step back, looking startled as she looked you up and down. "Whoa..." she blinks staring down at you, as if she was wondering if she was seeing you correctly. After she was sure you were actually there, she knelt down onto one knee, tipping her head to the side. "That's quite the creature you've got there." She says, sticking a hand out to you, in which you instinctively sniff. It was about bigger than your head. "Hey there, little fella." She greets, before gently wrapping her large hands gently around your body quite gently, and picked you up to get a closer look at you. "Never seen such a thing like this before..." Seeing an opportunity, you take a chance to reach out and grab at one of her dreads, muttering in awe. She smiles in amusement.

"You're actually pretty cute

"You're actually pretty cute." You looked at her in surprise, blushing slightly at her compliment, before offering a grateful, closed-lipped smile to her. She snorted in amusement and lowered you to her chest, so she could pet your head gently. "Do they have a name?" She looked over at peridot, who shrugged casually. "Steven calls them '(name)'." Bismuth's brows lifted in surprise. "Oh, this little fella is steven's?" Peridot opened her mouth to reply, but steven beat her to answering.

"Yes, they're mine!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I'm still shaky on other gems.

First time drawing Bismuth here...