part 11: the outside world!

"Slow down, lil' universe." Steven cautioned as you ventured ahead of him, clicking and cooing in excitement and interest at all of the new sights presented around you.

So many new things; many colors, human structures great and small, of different shapes and sizes and all of the many new faces had you in a frenzy of potent excitement, to the point you couldn't help but run farther into this strange new world, wanting to explore every-

"I said slow down!" Your thoughts were halted abruptly at a rather sharp order called from behind you, forcing you to stop your quick trek forward and turn back with an annoyed grumble, to pout at the teen with crossed arms. He in turn, smiled wearily as he sped his walk up to a light jog, until he was substantially close and he rubbed his nape with a breathless laugh. "D-Don't look at me like that... You know that my walking speed isn't as fast as yours!" You tipped your head slightly, lifting your brow at him with a soft hum. Figures flat feet would slow someone down. Steven straightened up, now taking on a more serious, stern look. "But.. you should know better than to wander off." He informed. "Beach City's a big place. You could get lost... or taken." Your eyes flash in temporary alarm.

He... has a point. The only places you've ever known were the ocean, beach, flower dome and Steven's home. But a whole city? What kind of dangers lay ahead there?

You looked down, murmuring softly as you dragged your foot across the ground in a sudden sense of shyness. Steven chuckled and ruffled your hair playfully. "It's okay. Just stay with me, and you'll be safe." You looked back up at him, scanning the soft smile he wore. It was warm, understanding.. and pleased. Why pleased, you weren't sure, but you paid it no mind. You were just happy he was smiling.

You simply gave him a small nod of affirmation. His smile grew and he gave your head a few pats. "Good. Now come on, we're almost there." With that he walks forward, with you trailing silently behind him with a soft sigh.

...I am yet to doubt this magic human's advice.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, here we are!"

You look around at the even more colorful, even more oddly shaped buildings, followed by equally colorful residents, eyes shining in even more excitement than you even thought was possible. "OooooooOoo!" Steven chuckles softly, walking up from behind to stand beside you. "Now. Stay close." he advised. "It's just as easy to get lost here as it is in Beach City. Okay?" You nodded again, shuffling on your feet in anticipation, making steven chuckle in amusement. "Okay. Come on." With a gesture to follow him, steven leads you into a tour of the colorful village.

It was a pretty unique place. Not only from the buildings, but the residents themselves were far more interesting than any humans you've seen. From the strange colors, unique markings and of course the gemstones implanted in their bodies, you could tell these beings just couldn't be from earth alone. They just couldn't have.

You've seen many creatures in your time alive, an nothing was as... otherworldly as these beings.

Neptune, what could their origins here be?

"Steven!"

You jumped as an abrupt voice sounded above the relatively quiet town, prompting you to stagger back to hug Steven's leg for protection. He chuckled at this and set a hand on your head as he looked up to the source of the voice, smiling a little as he saw who it was. "Oh. Hey, peridot."

...Peridot?

You turn to see a small green female with triangular yellow hair and sharp yellow visors over her eyes approach, looking delighted to see the boy. As she came close, you noticed the green triangular gem in the center of her forehead. Another gem? How many gems does steven know? "Steven, you wouldn't believe what happened today in-" She paused as her eyes trailed from looking up at his face down to yours, her look of excitement melting into a confused stare. "Ehm... Who is that?" Steven's gaze flickered between you and the Green gem, before letting a light smile enlighten his face as he patted your head comfortingly. "Oh. Um... Peridot. This is... (name)." You looked up at steven for clarity, getting a nod of affirmation from him before taking a few steps away from him to get a better look at the green gem, sniffing in her direction.