eighteen

*Maries POV*
"Jack." I whispered. "I don't know what to do."
"I know." He said sighing. "It's hard, I'm sorry you've been out through this."
"No not the fucking cancer can I be struggling through something other than cancer for once?!" I say, getting angrier.
"I wasn't talking about the cancer." He says, looking at me. "I was talking about the way this has ended. I don't want it to end, Marie. I want this to be the beginning." I look at the ground.
"I'm gonna die." I say.
"And so am I." He responds. "And so did Mozart. And so did Shakespere. And so did millions of other people. And millions more are gonna die. The matter is when, and I truly believe that your when is not going to happen for a long time." He says, smiling at me.
"But what if it does?" I say, looking at him. "Are you going to let yourself go because of me?"
He sighed. "Loosing you, will be unbearable. But if it's what you want, I will find some way to move on." He says, choking on the last few words.
"It's what I want." I say slowly. "I want to know that your gonna have a life other than me, Jack."
"I have a life other than you, you know that. I have Gilinsky and Sammy and my parents and- I have a lot, Marie. But your so special to me, please realize that."
"I do." I say. "I really do realize that."
"Then please." He says, grabbing my hands tightly, causing me to look at him. "Please be my girlfriend... Again." He smirks after his last word. I stare at him, tears stinging my eyes. Wondering. Waiting or the answer to pop into my heart. Telling my brain what to say so my lips can move and utter the words.
But my brain has sucked at being a brain lately.
"I will." I say. "I will be your girlfriend, Jack Johnson."