thirty-five

*Johnson's POV*
I woke up the day after we got the kids (aka the best day of my life) to see both of them sleeping softly with Marie. I smile. This is my family. I'm a father.
I get up, kissing each one of their cheeks and go to the kitchen where Gilinsky is sitting.
"So your taking them to meet all the guys today right?" He asks. I nod.
"Why are you here?" I say, laughing.
"I wanted to be the first one to see the little kiddos. I wanted to be the first uncle they met."
I laugh. "Is that what you want them to call you? Uncle Jack?"
He laughs too and nods. "Sammy will try to play it off like he's there dad just so they'll call him daddy."
We both laugh and I look down.
"G what if I can't pull it off? I'm mortified of these kids they're gonna look up to me and I'm gonna have to protect them. I love them already. I knew it- I knew from the minute I saw them that I wanted them to be mine. That they were mine. Nothing else in the world matters anymore except this family if mine. And that's exciting, but horrific at the exact same time."
"Come on JJ," he says, "let's be real here. you came out of the womb ready for anything. ever since the day I met you way back in kindergarten I've been waiting to see you do great things with your life. ask anybody, you are the most prepared for this. your gonna be a great daddy." He says smirking.
"Don't-" I start.
"Because I mean you've been a daddy to Marie for about a year now so your already pretty prepared." He says and I groan.
"Again with the daddy jokes." I hear a sweet voice say, a few moments later met by her arms wrapped around my torso and a soft kiss planted on my cheek.
"Good morning beautiful." I say, standing up and kissing her forehead.
"Good morning daddy." She says and Gilinsky spits out his water laughing.
I smile. "So I'm daddy now?"
"You've always been daddy." She smirks, running her hands through my hair and kissing me slowly.
She pulls away and starts making breakfast.
After we all eat, Jacob gets up and meets us in the kitchen.
"Daddy?" He says.
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Who is this?" He says, looking at Gilinsky.
"I'm your uncle jack." Gilinsky says smiling.
"Hi." Jacob says.
"You want something to eat?" Marie asks him.
He nods his head and she puts a small plate of food in front of him. He begins to eat.
We get the kids ready to go meet there uncles, and pile them into the car.
The drive is nice and quiet, until Carter starts screaming in the back.