twenty-three

*Maries POV*
"Miss Marie, I'm afraid I have some news," he says, lowering his head. Jack squeezes my hand tightly and holds off tears, smiling at me gently.
"You cancer is spreading. Rapidly. At this point we can try to stop it but there isn't much we can do about it except give you some pain medication and wait." He stops and looks a me. My mouth drops wide open.
Jack sniffles and I can see tears streaming steadily down his face.
"How long?" I ask.
"Marie I don't think we should talk about that rig-"
"HOW LONG?" I scream at the doctor.
"You'll be lucky to get a year."
My heart stops and for one split second I see my life flash before my eyes. Memories with Jack and my parents and my brother and being bullied and my life.
It's almost over.
Jack jumps into the bed with me and he holds me while I sob.
"We can release you once your ready." The doctor tells me, walking out.
Nash, Cam, and Matt walk in the room, saying apologies and even crying some to.
"How am I gonna tell me parents?" I sob into Jack.
"Shh... It's gonna be-" but he can't even finish the sentence without realize its full of shit.
Nothing is going to be okay.

I lost my best friend and I'm officially done with life so if I don't update anymore, know that I left and that I loved every one of you.