twenty-five

*Marie's POV*
I feel someone shaking me.
"Marie. Baby girl wake up." I hear familiar voice say.
I open my eyes and see Jack sitting in a chair right next to me.
I look around. Gilinsky. Nash. Cam. Matt. Wilk. Jack. And another familiar face. I know him from school: he was friends with the jacks and Sam. What was his name?
"What happened?" I ask, noticing that I'm in a hospital bed and there's wires attached to me.
"You blacked out." Jack tells me. "After our fight."
I nod and lay my head back,
"Tired?" Nash asks.
"Not really, I'm just soaking it all in before I have a panic attack."
Matt comes over to me and gives me a hug, the rest of the guys do the same.
I get to the familiar but still unknown boy and then come into realization.
Nate Maloley.
"Nate." I said, smiling. He was the only one out of the guys squad who even tried to talk to me. Basically my only friend, and we only talked in third period.
Jack, jack, and Sammy didn't hang out with him as much as they hung out with each other.
"Hey Mar." He said, leaning down and hugging me tight.
He sat down in the chair to my left and Johnson slipped in the bed to my right, sliding his arm around me as he did so. I laid my head on his chest and listened to Matt and Cam arguing about how doctors knew what was wrong with people.
"They go to school!" Cam said.
"No there born with like superhuman skills!" Mat responded.
"That's wrong, dude. Your an idiot." Cam chuckled.
Matt looked at us. "That's not right?" Me and Jack busted out laughing.
"what you being an idiot? No that's not wrong." All of the guys laugh and Matt's glares at me.
"Very funny. I'm talking about doctors. Their not built with superhuman powers?"
"No." I said, trying to contain my giggles. I shove my head in Jacks chest trying to hide my laughing once I saw Matt getting frustrated with us.
Then my doctor walked in.
"Excuse me sir," Matt said, "how do doctors know what's wrong with somebody."
The doctor looks at me and I smile. "We're born with superhuman powers duh." He says, and all of the Omaha kids laugh.
Cam's mouth drops wide open, and he pulls Matt out of the room. "We're going to ask more doctors because this ones defective. Be back soon." And there gone.
I look at my doctor. Dr Hyde, is what his name tag reads.
"Dr. Hyde how did you know to say that?" I ask.
"I was listening outside." He tells me, smiling. We all laugh. "Alright Miss Marie, i want you in a wheelchair for a few weeks until your strength grows okay?"
I groan and jack nudges me.
"This needs to happen." Jack whispers. "I don't want you getting hurt again."
"I'm fine." I tell him.
"Marie..."
Dr. Hyde then butts in. "This isn't up for debate. This is happening. A nurse will be in here in a few minutes okay?" I nod and look down at my hand, sitting up straight and taking my head off of Jack's shoulder.
___________________
The nurse releases us and jack wheels me out to the car, but stops a few feet away from it.
"Put this on." He says, handing me a blindfold.
"What?" I say.
"Come on, put this on." He says.
"Why?" I ask.
"We have a surprise for you and it can't be a surprise if you see everything." I groan and put the blindfold on.
__________________
"Alright Marie." Jack finally says after some walking to a door, some walking to what seemed like an elevator, and then some walking to another door, he finally talks. "Take the blindfold off."
I take the blind fold off and I see a number on a door '402' it reads.
"What is this?" I ask, not recognizing the door. Jack pulls out a key and puts it in the door:
We walk/ roll in and there's a huge apartment: but it's not Nash's.
"Who's apartment is this?" I ask.
"Ours." Jack says, smiling.
Tears brim my eyes.
"Jack." I say.
"Shh." Jack tells me. "You don't have to say anything. Come one." He pushes me up a ramp and we arrive at a room.
"Is this our room?" I ask.
"Yep." He says. "And there's extra rooms for whatever we need. Guest space probably."
"Or kids." I say softly. He looks at me.
"Wouldn't that be something?" He smiles at me. "Little babies running wild everywhere. Little babies that we created." He kneels down in front of my and puts two hands on my stomach. "And I would be their hero and you would be their biggest supporter and we would have rock awesome kids. A baby boy then a baby girl."
"Two boys." I say. I've always wanted two boys, and having a girl is the obvious.
"Two boys." Jack says smiling wide. I look down. "What's wrong? You don't love the apartment?"
"No, it's not that. I love the apartment. It's just.... I can't give you kids. You know that."
"I don't know that. Because that's not true. The doctor said that my genes would more than likely be dominant and that the cancer would be covered up. The baby would have almost no chance of having cancer." He says, trying to keep me hopeful.
"Well then maybe it's something we could consider." I say, he smiles and picks me up bridal style, laying me down on the bed and then kissing me slowly.