twelve

*Marie's POV*
"Johnson it's Saturday." I said, jumping on him. He spent the night last night.
"Is it?" He says smiling at me. I run my fingers over the marks on his faces. The marks I know my brother left.
He notices the worry on my face. "Marie. I'm okay. I promise."
Tears form in my eyes. "It's because of me."
He cups my face with his hands and slides his thumbs across the bottom of my eyes, wiping the tears away from them.
"Look at me." He says. My eyes come up to meet his. "This was not your fault okay?" I nod. "If anything all of this mess is my fault. This would've never happened if I hadn't of-"
I crash my lips onto his and pull myself to where I'm on his lap.
I keep my forehead pressed against his, then place his hand on the spot where I remember my gash was. "Do you feel anything abnormal?" I ask.
"No." He whispers. "It feels normal."
"Exactly. It's normal. It's fine. I'm fine. I have been for years and I will be. Forever. And I'm gonna stick around for a long time and bother the crap out of you. Okay?"
He smiles. "Okay." I lean down (still on his lap) and wrap my arms around him.
"You wanna go to the aquarium?" I ask.
"The aquarium? Marie we're not four."
"No we're seventeen. Aquariums have fish and we are going."
He laughs. "Alright. Whatever ya want cutie."
I go to the bathroom and get dressed in (you should know where the outfit is. At beginning) I curl my hair and put on foundation, a smoky eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I brush my teeth and jack walks in, smiling at me.
"Gorgeous as always." I blush slightly and he wraps his arms around my waist. "Shoes?" He asks.
"Kinda some light brown ankle boots." I say.
"Perfect." He says, smiling.
"What are you wearing?" I ask.
"Khakis.... Probably a button down. And black Vans?" He asks.
I nod. "Blue button down?" I ask. He nods himself. "Why you gettin all dressed up?" I ask.
"Ya know. Getting dressed up for ma lady." He winks.
"I'm not 'your lady'" I say, laughing.
"Not.... Yet." He says, smiling
I look at him weird and laugh. "Your one weird bitch." I say.
He comes back dressed and turning in an awkward motion, making sure that I approve. I laugh and smile.
"Get your shoes on." He says. I put on my shoes and stand up.
I grab my phone and we walk down the stairs.
Jackson is sitting on the couch and it's the first time I've seen him since the fight. He doesn't look like Jack did any harm to him: he probably didn't.
"What's that asshole doing here?" Jackson asks.
Jack grabs his keys and goes to say something, but I start before he can.
"Jackson for once in your life, please shut the hell up. just go fuck yourself and leave him the hell alone." I say, pulling jacks hand out the door.
We get to Jack's car and I sit in the passenger seat, staring into oblivion.
"You okay?" He asks me.
"Can we just. Go?" I ask. He nods and starts the car.
We make it to the aquarium and I get out, followed by Jack. We walk in the entrance and I automatically smile.
There's multicolored fish and every sea animal imagined.
"Jack do you see the dolphins?!?!" I ask, practically freaking out.
"Yes I'm not blind." He says, laughing.
We walk through the entire thing and my mood is already lightened.
"Spending time with you is my favorite thing." He says, smiling and grabbing my hand tight.
I smile at him and put my head on his shoulder.
"Would you guys like me to take a picture of you?" A woman asks us.
I nod and we walk to her setup in front of the sea turtles.
Jack wraps his arm around my back and we both smile. The lady snaps the picture and the flash is so bright, I swear I was gonna go blind.
I let out a small yelp and I laugh, causing Jack to laugh too.
I see the flash again and jack puckers his lips at me.
I laugh and my lips meet his, causing my heart to explode and my stomach to melt.
My eyes are closed but I can see the flash light up my eyes.
I pull away and smile at him. We walk to the woman and give her our phone numbers, and she prints them out from us.
Jack pays for the pictures and we walk out.
"Cmon I know somewhere that we can talk." He says.
"Talk?" I ask.
"Yeah. Talk: we have a lot to talk about." He looks down and smile.
"That smile scares me." I say, knowing that he's up to something.