thirty

*Marie's POV*
My eyes flutter open to be met with more hospital surroundings. I've got to get out of this place.

My hand automatically searches for Johnson's, fumbling in the blankets until he finally connects it with mine.

I look at him and his face is tear stained. He smiles faintly at me.

"Jack?" I ask. "What's wrong?" He grips my hand tight.

"The cancers spreading. So fast." He whispers.

My mouth drops and I curse under my breath, leaning my head back against the bed.

"How long?" I ask.

"They don't know, but there's nothing try can do about it except give you pain medication."

I sigh. I should've expected something.

"We have to bump up the wedding date." I tell jack. "Before I leave this world I am marrying you. I don't care what the cost is."

"I was thinking the same thing" he says

"Jack?" I say softly. He looks at me and i see the pain and stress marks covering his face.

You caused this. I tell myself. You cause all of his pain and misery.

"I really dont mind Gilinsky being your best man. He wouldn't have hurt me if would've known how much pain it cause me. I understand."

"I know" Jack says, kissing my forehead. "He just wants you to know that he loves you- he loves you like a best friend and he never meant to hurt you. Marie---" he pauses as if finding for the right words. "We all love you and i dont know how I'm going to live on this world without you. When the doctors talk about it all it makes me sick to my stomach. I dont wanna see a world without your beautiful face. I dont want to be here without you. Its gonna be hell without you here. I love you. I love you so so much."

"I know." I tell him "I love yoiu too."

and its true. theres only two things that im absolutly positive about at this point in my life. #1. i am dying and #2 that i love jack. without him, life has no purpose and id never thought id say that about this boy. he was the last person that i thought i would ever fall in love with. my money was actually on nate. we both have the same dreams and we were going to the same college. my parents actually thought the same thing.

i wouldnt have been happy though, my heart has always loved jack johnson. always has and always will.

He nods and kisses my forehead. The tears finally start streaming down my cheeks.

I'm going to have to leave my best friend.
_____________
*3 weeks later*
"Marie." I hear softly. My eyes flutter open and I see Gilinsky staring down at me.

"What is it?" I say, looking at the clock and reading the time- 1:58am

"Somethings wrong." he whispers,eyes wide.

"What are you talking about Gilinsky?" I say.

"Johnson left last night at 6."

"Yeah...." i say. "he went to the studio with nate to recored she dont know. he was suppsed to come back at like 12."

"Yeah" Gilinsky says, sounding urgent. "Suppsed to... Nate came back at two all bruised and beaten. Got into a street fight."

I pause and comprehend what he just said. "Jack wasnt with him?" I ask, feeling a gut feeling that i dont want to feel.

Gilinsky shakes his head and I see nate standing next to him.

"Where is he?" I say, sitting up and looking next to me, making sure Jack isnt in the bed next to me like i thought he was.

Gilinsky was right. he's not here.

"Where is he?!?!" I yell after a few minutes of nobody answering me.

"They took him" Nate says. "The gang we fought took him."

I havent updated in so long I just got my laptop up at the hospital bc my grandpas in the hospital and has been since Tuesday plus school was really busy last week im so sorry guys ill be updating a lot more soon.