thirty-two

*Marie's POV*
Waking up every morning without the sound of him groaning softly, trying to get the sleep away: the feel of him kissing my forehead gently: the touch of his bare chest against my head: the look he gives me once he realizes I'm there: and the smell of fresh Los Angeles air; is the worst feeling in the world. It's been a month. No word. No attempt of him trying to reach me again.
My eyes flutter open to the empty bed lying next to me. I whimper at the thought of his name, realizing that he's somewhere that I'm not. Realizing that he's in danger.
My body begins to go into panic mode, and my mind races of thoughts about what could actually be happening to him. My head begins to throb and nausea is creeping up my stomach.
I turn to look at the clock. 3:47am.
Then I see the picture of us on my bedside table. It was the first time they attempted to get me out of my wheelchair, about a week before he was kidnapped, and his handwriting is still printed at the bottom of the frame. "I'll be right here to pick you up if you fall. Always."

FLASHBACK:
"Marie come on baby girl you can do this." Jack assures me.
"I don't know jack. What if I can't?" I ask nervously.
"I'll be right here to pick you up if you fall. Always. Never forget it."
I look up at him and bring my legs up, supporting my own weight. He latched on to my arms and I smile at him, looking into those green eyes and taking my first steps. He's helping me make them,
This is what being in love feels like. It's like learning how to take your first steps all over again. It's about learning to put the other person before you. Its about being there no matter what, and I think me and Jack have finally began to figure it out.
That's when Cameron snaps a picture of us, and I fall back in the wheelchair.
END OF FLASHBACK
We finally found a way to love but it's impossible now.
Even if they do find him, nothing will ever be the same again.

TWO NIGHTS LATER:
I'm awoken with the same screams that I've heard every night. My own. They fill our house.
The boys know not to mess with me when this happens, that them doing this only makes it worse, but for some strange reason someone came running in my door.
"Leave me alone." I sob out seeing images of a bloody beaten jack flying through my mind. Torturing my every day thoughts.
"Baby girl it's okay." I hear someone mutter.
Jack.
Jack.
Jack Johnson.
I sit up and see him staring at me, worried as always.
"Jack!" I scream wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him on top of me. "I- thought- you- were- dead" I sob out.
"I've been here for a few hours, they told me to wait until you woke up but- you screaming like that I had to come out."
I look him in the eyes and kiss him for the first time in forever.
He responds so quickly, and so sweetly.

It's the best kiss I've ever had.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've even hella busy but I came back with five hundred words AYEE love you Guys