thirty-one

*Marie's POV*

My body shoots up and I begin to try and get out of the bed, taking in short, shaky breaths.

"Marie." Nate says, holding me back. "You can't walk remember?"

"Bullshit I can't walk." I say, trying to get up and falling. I curl myself into a ball on the ground and cry.

"Marie." Gilinsky says, putting his hand on my back and rubbing softly. "It's gonna be okay."

"What if I die before they find him?" I say. "What if I never get to say goodbye to him?"

"Marie that's not gonna happen." Nate assures me. "We've already got the police involved, and they have officers everywhere looking for him okay?" I nod. "Come here." He says, helping me sit up and embracing me into a hug. "It's gonna be okay."

______
*two weeks later*
It's already been two weeks and there's no sign of him. Police say that people internationally are looking for him, since his kidnappers could've traveled to a different country by now.

Me and Nate are walking to Chipotle, because I've finally gotten out of that damn wheelchair. It's late, but I've been wanting some chipotle for a while, so here we are.

I look at my phone to check desperately for messages from him. Nothing.

I look up at Nate and he smiles softly at me.

We walk a couple more blocks and I see about twenty feet away from me what looks like a drug deal. I stop to keep my distance from them. I don't want any of that drama.

Suddenly, a face turns and I see him.

It's jack, and he's in the middle of the group.

"Jack!" I scream, running to him. I hear Nate following me, screaming for me to stop.

"Jack." I say, once I get to him, embracing him in a hug.

"Marie." He whispers in my ear. "This is gonna hurt you, but you have to get out of here trust me." He says ever so softly. I can barely hear him.

What does he mean?

Then he pushes me away from him.

"What the hell do you want fucking prostitute? Sorry but my beds already full!" He says, causing laughter from the group.

"Jack it's me it's Marie." I say, trying to figure out what's going on.

"I don't know who you are babe. So either get down on your hand and knees and let me pound you, or get outta here." He finishes off.

Nate grabs my arm. "Marie what are you doing here baby girl? I've been looking everywhere for you." He says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Nate what're you-"

"Is that your girl?" A guy from the group says, cutting me off.

"Yeah." Nate says fast.

"Prove it." The guy says snickering.

Nate automatically leans down and kisses me. I try to pretend like I'm enjoying it- he evens slips some you he in there- but I can't.

The guys all cheer. "Let's get outta here and let these two have a fun night."

They all start to walk off and I catch a glimpse of Jack before he leaves.

he looks hurt from the kiss, and when he turns to walk away, I can see the hickeys running down his neck.

A/N... YOU GUYS WE HIT 3K THANK YOU ALL SO MYCH FOR SUPPORTING ME I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

the life changer// j.jजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें