The Realization of Love

"Try to come get me!" I shout through my tears up to the two. "I know he'll come! I know he'll save me!" Though I doubted my own words they were my last hope.

"If you're talking of Undertaker, he is contractorally not allowed to interfere with the reaping of your soul" William said matter-of-factly.

I cried harder at the thought that not even Adrian could save me now.

"He'll come' I know he will! I know it..." My voice grew more hoarse and quiet.

"Welp, time to finish her off" Ronald's lawnmower started up. I knelt on the ground, awaiting my end.

The end that wouldn't come.

Again Adrian saved my ass with his Scythe. I felt ashamed for relying on him.

"Hehe! You thought you could sneak behind my back to get her soul, didn't you?" His long silvery hair flowing as he fended off Ronald for the second time. (I will explain the hair later)

"Adrian!" I cried out in relief.

"I'm here, no need to fret dearie" he said as he smiled back at me. I returned his smile before he turned back to Ronald.

"You can't interfere old man! Not by some contracty stuff" Ronald stated, lawnmower over his shoulder.

"Don't be telling me what I can and can't do, and I'm NOT an old man" Adrian commented, Scythe rested behind him. The size difference between Adrian and his Sythe was incredible.

His comment made me wonder exactly how old he was. William sighed and adjusted his glasses with his tree trimmers.

"Contractorally, he cannot to anything unles her consent is given, along with her promise of Love" he explained, looking disgusted at the word love.

Everyone's attention shifted to me, me kneeling on the ground, me with tear stained cheeks, me who looked like a homeless person from the streets. Being in the spotlight, I froze. Adrian walked near me, and crouched next to me.

"By doing that you are basically consenting to marriage and eternal life" he said quietly. This would be the choice of my life, the choice that chose whether I lived or I died.

Slowly I stood up, still holding that warm blanket around me.

"I don't want to live forever..."

"(Y/N)?"

"Let me finish. I don't want to live forever without Adrian. I love him"