The Beginning of a Journey

First thing's first, I need someone who is trust worthy and will help me. Who could I trust? I have very few friends and the ones that I have aren't trusted enough by me....

Adrian told me that if there was an emergency to go to our room and look through his dresser. He told me there was something in there that could help. This was definitely considered an emergency.

There was nothing in the drawers, I would know, I always fold his clothes and put them away after doing the laundry. I try to open to the cabinet but it's locked. Why would he lock it?

Frantically I begin a search of the house for a key. Not under the couch. Not in the kitchen. Not under the bed. Where has this man hidden the key?!

I sigh and try looking in more obvious places. Still nothing. That's when I started trying every key we had.

First the key to our house, that was a no-go. Then I tried the key to my dad's house, which was also not it. I tried the key to our ice box, and that wasn't it either. I try to think about this logically.

If there were to be an emergency when Adrian was not here, he would leave a key somewhere that I could get it, or make it a key I have....

I pulled out the key to his parlor and inserted it to the hole of the lock. Turning the key I heard that glorious click of an unlocked cabinet. Opening the cabinet I was on the tip of my toes trying to see what was in it.

His robes for when he is in his parlor, some tools, I assume for his work, and a box. This box is no bigger than the fire place. It's labeled "EMERGENCY". I unlatch the top and open it.

Inside was a small charm that held a picture of a woman and her husband, two daggers, and a note.

"(Y/N),
If you're reading this, she has finally gotten me. Don't worry, keep calm, she cannot kill me. Do you remember Lord Phantomhive? You are to go to his mansion and stay there, he should know why you're there so you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. Though you have to be the one to take action, the Phantomhive boy can help you along the way. Take these two blades with you wherever you go and do not misplace them.
Love,
Adrian Crevan"

I picked up the daggers and held them, one in each hand. A knock at the door startled me and I almost dropped them, but instead I went and opened the door while still grasping them in my hands.

"Hello miss....er....what are you doing with those?" It was the plucky red-headed detective from Scotland Yard. I panicked and put them behind my back.

"Oh those, they're just...I was just putting away the dishes and they just happened to be in my hands when I came to the door" I cracked an innocent smile and he just shooed it away.

"Anywho, is Undertaker in? Scotland Yard needs to speak with him" it would be logical for anyone else to report that their husband was missing to a detective, but not in my case, not when it involved angels and Grim Reapers and whatever the heck I'm considered to be.

"I'm sorry, he left early morning to visit family a few towns over. Why is he needed by Scotland Yard?" I asked.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that information miss Crevan" his face dropped slightly and I could tell something was going on.

"Murder? Kidnappings? Disappearances? What is it this time?" His eyes were wide as he stared at me. "Kidnappings and murders?" His mouth opened a little but he was quick to close it.

"I cannot tell you about that"

"It has to do with the underground doesn't it? And you wouldn't consult Adrian if there weren't any sort of deaths so that narrows it down to either homocide or suicide, but it doesn't completely cut out the idea of kidnapp-" I froze mid-sentence. I raised one hand to my mouth as I pieced it together.

"Are you alright?" He asked me, ignoring the previous topic. I slowly nodded, wide-eyed.

"Did you by any chance come here by carriage?" I asked, my speech broken.

"Yes, I did. Why do you ask?"

"Could you by any chance take me to the Phantomhive estate? Adrian wishes for me to stay there while he is away" I said believably.

"Sure, I don't see why not, do you need to pack anything?" He asked enthusiastically.

"I just need to gather up a couple things, my bag won't be too large" I put on a fake smile.

"Take your time, I'll wait outside in the carriage for you" he turned to head back to the carriage as I closed the door. I looked around and found a small bag, big enough to hold all that I needed: a book, my rose, every paper letter I have received so far, the two daggers, and the necklace.

After packing the bag I left the house, locking the door behind me. I climbed into the cab of the carriage and waited until I felt the familiar movement of the horses pulling the large wooden contraption.

I watched out the window, watching the scenery going by just as quickly as it came. Once away from most other traffic, the horses' gate changed and they sped up. In less than an hour we arrived at the front of the large dignified manor.

After exiting the carriage and thanking the detective, I stood there, just staring, taking in my new surroundings. It was all so foreign to me. Carriage rides, large mansions that sat on even larger estates, even the air smelled different.

Despite these strange differences I have to stay here until we find Adrian....if we find Adrian...

A/N
I'm sorry I haven't updated this in so long, every time I would try to, I would get distracted or start daydreaming XD I fail as a writer. I hope this is enough to hold you all down for a little while while I try to come up with how I'll tie up the loose threads in this story