The Miracle of Birth

I knew my due date would be approaching soon, but I wasn't exactly sure when because child birth is at random. Because of this I didn't leave the house and stayed in bed all day with a local doctor ready to be called. Adrian had been staying home with me every other day and today he was out at work.

I laid in bed with a book, but eventually my eyes got buggy and I couldn't read anymore. I looked out the window and saw the Autumn leaves falling gently to the ground. It was October so this would be expected.

I got up out of my bed cautiously and wobbled into the kitchen. My belly had gotten fairly large, larger than I'd ever seen. I grabbed an apple off of the counter and bit into it. After a few bites I feel something dripping down my leg and I knew. My water broke.

I dropped the apple and shuffled back into the bedroom where a phone was. I quickly searched for the paper with the local doctor's phone number on it. I found the paper and dialed the number quickly. My hands were shakey and I was very nervous.

I held the phone to my ear and sat down on the edge of the bed. I heard the ringing, once, twice, three times, then he picked up.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hello, this is (Y/N) Crevan, my water just broke could you please help me? I'm kind of scared" I said hurriedly. He said a few words to calm me down and then began speaking again.

"Lay down on your bed and relax. You may feel some contractions and those will be painful, but just get through it. Delivery of a baby can take almost a whole day or more so I won't be in a rush to get over there. Please contact your husband and have him come home as soon as humanly possible" the doctor instructed very clearly.

"Okay, thank you" I replied. I laid down on the bed and then dialed the number to Adrian's parlor. After a few moments of ringing, he finally answered.

"Adrian?" I say, my voice shakey along with my hands.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong dear?" He questioned with a soft tone.

"The baby is coming" I reply simply. I hear him curse under his breath before responding.

"I will be there as soon as I can"

"Thank you" he hung up and I put the phone back down on the nightstand. I took deep breaths and closed my eyes. After 9 months of waiting the baby was finally here.

Within an hour Adrian was sitting on a chair at my bedside, holding my hand through a contraction. It was painful, but it is going to be worth it. That's what I kept telling myself.

In a few hours the doctor showed up and had my legs spread and my nightgown above my knees so he could see the progress. I had already gone through 2 or 3 contractions, and I was wondering how many more would come.

A few more hours passed and by now Adrian was wiping away my sweat with a cool rag. The doctor hadn't seen any heads yet so my only thought was that this would take a while.

Another contraction came and I squeezed Adrian's hand, I clenched my teeth, threw my head back and tried to muffle my screams of pain.

"I see a head!" The doctor exclaimed, standing up and going in front of me. "Push for me (Y/N), just push as much as you can" he told me. I widened my eyes and tried pushing. I didn't feel any movement but from the doctor's reaction the baby was coming out.

I pushed harder, and harder until I felt something down there, but my belly still looked as though there was another baby in there. The doctor wrapped the baby in a towel we had laid out and then smacked it's back to make it breath. After its first breath he set it down, wrapped up in the towel.

"Doctor....why does it feel like...there's more?" I ask through the pain of my lower regions. He looked back under my nightgown and I saw a look of amazement on his face.

"You have twins!" He said. "Keep pushing and then you'll be done" he reached his arms under my nightgown like he had before and after a few moments of pushing I finally felt relief. I saw the doctor repeat the process that he had gone through with the first baby except he didn't have another towel so he just smacked it's back until it breathed.

Twins. Adrian and I had twins. Adrian went and fetched another towel for the second baby and soon both of them were in my arms. Adrian and I, we created life together, two lives to be more exact.

One was a boy and one was a girl. Today we experienced birth first hand and even though it was a very painful process, the result is beautiful.

Once we knew we had a baby coming Adrian purchased a crib for it, but since we had two, they both would have to sleep in one until we bought another one. The doctor cleaned up the babies and placed them in the crib so I could rest.

The next day when I woke up I saw Adrian's slim figure at the crib. I could see two baby heads on either side of him and I he was looking down at them. I couldn't help but smile. He loved them just as much as I did.

"Adrian" I say quietly. He turns towards me and slowly walks over to the bedside. He handed me the babies and sat down on the chair next to the bed smiling.

"What do you want to name them?" He asked me. I thought. I've been thinking for a long time about this. Their names are what will identify them for the rest of their life's.

"For the girl, her name should be Scarlett Rose Crevan.....and for the boy....his name should be Ian...but I'm not sure on his middle name yet" I reply, looking down at the sleeping faces.

"How about Xavier? Ian Xavier Crevan" Adrian responded with a slight smile. I nodded. That sounded perfect.

A/N
So I couldn't decide between boy or girl so I just said "what the heck, let's make them twins" and that's how that turned out. Thank you to all of you who gave names and genders, and I'd like to thank four of you who have me the names and middle names of the two babies!
Scarlett - @GrlGone_AWOL
Rose (middle name) -@Animefinatic1000
Ian - @TheEmoWeirdo
Xavier (middle name) - @Mexehanort

Now I was thinking about making a sequel from the children's point of view? How would you like that? Should I do that or should I continue this one?