Asylum

"Adrian!" I shout as I see his figure appear in my view. He didn't rush over to our children's bodies, he only kept his same old gate. His face didn't contort when he approached, he only looked sad.

"Adrian?" I ask, looking up at him, tears still streaming down my cheeks. Was he mad at me, that I killed our children?

"Oh (Y/N)" he sighed, reaching down and relieving my lap from the weight. But it wasn't a small body, it was a wild bird.

Fear overtook me, was the whole day just an illusion. Did any of it actually happen? My face grew taut as I began to whimper again.

"Please (Y/N), get inside, you'll catch a cold" he said unsympathetically. I took a few breaths before forcing myself to my feet and wobbling unsteadily inside.

"A-Adrian....do you still love me?" I could hardly see through my tears, but I could make out his hollow face.

"...."he ignored me and took my wrists before going straight to the sink. "Wash your hands" he turned on the water and pulled my hands under it. It was far too hot for me so I let out a loud wail.

"Do you still love me?!?!" I shouted, yanking my hands away from him.

"(Y/N)!"

No, he hates you.

"I hate you!"

You're the worst thing to ever happen to him.

"You're the worst thing to ever happen to me!"

You're worthless.

"You're worthless!"

No one loves you.

"No one loves you!"

"no, no, no, no, no" I repeat that over and over, covering my ears with my hands. "NO!" I screamed before making my escape out the front of the house.

The cold snow burned my feet but that were bare. The pain didn't phase me, all I cared about was getting away. How could my life crumble before me so easily?

I can't keep anything straight. The world is spinning and everything is fake. Should I even trust that I'm outside of my house? Is this snow real? Are these trees I'm running through real? Am I real?

These questions coursed through me as I ran, holding up the bottom of my nightgown. Adrian hates me...he doesn't want to be a part of my life. He doesn't want me anywhere near our children. I'm sure he's already found himself someone to replace me, lord knows how easily that could have been. Just thinking about it hurt my heart.

I stumble in the snow and sit with my back against a tree, holding myself to keep warm. Drying blood stained my arms and dress, but was it bird blood or had I actually killed my babies? Was I at fault for my children's death, or did I just hunt down a turkey?

I held my head and tried ridding my mind of these questions. It hurt to think, honestly everything hurt right now.

You're nothing.

I look up at the snow softly falling from the sky, searching for the source of the voice. It seemed ghastly, but entrancing.

You were a mistake, even your own father thinks so.

Tears welled at the corners of my eyes as I heard the voice but couldn't find the source.

You're a murderer (Y/N). No one wants a murderer.

Did I really kill my children? Are Scarlett and Ian dead.

You will atone for what you did.

The voice faded away and in came a sharp white noise. It ringed in my ears, gradually growing louder and louder until I couldn't even hear myself breath.

Suddenly I hear faint dogs barking. They were coming for me. I'd killed two innocent kids and they're coming for me now. Terrified I stand up shakily, running from my spot next to the tree. I stumbled over branches and rocks hidden beneath the snow.

The barking grew louder until it was right behind me. It was then I fell into an unfrozen creek and lost consciousness. The world went dark and though some would find this terrifying, it was comforting for me. It gave me a break from the living hell I was in when I was awake.

Adrian's P.O.V.

Not long after (Y/N) darted off into the woods I received a call from the institution. She had wandered into a farmer's back yard and ran around being chased by his dog before falling into his creek.

I sighed, knowing I couldn't do anything to change this. If I tried it would happen in another way. I put on a coat and begin walking into town to the asylum.

Once there I was lead to her room where she wore a fresh nightgown and was tied to her bed. I made my way next to her and looked down at her sadly.

Suddenly her eyes opened and she looked at me before spastically looking around. She opened her mouth to scream but I only covered it with my hand. She panicked and pulled against the straps holding her down. If I were her I'd panic too.

Your P.O.V.

As I became conscious again, hearing small noises and some chatter, I moaned. Slowly opening my eyes I see Adrian standing over me. He has a wild look in his eyes and blood splattered all over him.

I look down at my body to see a skin flap I could only imagine belonged to my stomach laid next to me with my intestines draped over my body.

I tried screaming but Adrian held a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet. Panicked, I begin pulling at my hands and legs only to find I was strapped down to a bed.

I could only imagine why he was doing this. He didn't need me anymore. I could do nothing for him so I was useless. I guess that's why he decided to use me as a live experiment.

If I had been him I'd do the same thing.

A/N

Hey! So I know I say this a lot but I'm super sorry for not updating this. I've been busy between soccer stuff (conditioning, games, running) and vacation bible school (even though I'm not religious). It's just been really crazy and I haven't been able to find the time to open Wattpad since my mom and dad don't know I have this account oops lol. But I have been writing another story that's just kind of something that popped in my mind at school so I started it. Anywho! I'll try to update more if I can find the time of day for it! Thank you all for being so patient and bear with me for the time being!