Visit From a Reaper

After that day Adrian and I went about our days like always. A routine day after day, the same thing. Nothing changing. Nothing different. Except my weight of course.

Adrian had impregnated me. In about 7 months we'll have a little boy or girl in the family. Not many people know about it yet because we don't want everyone going nuts. Everyone loves a baby, and if the baby doesn't survive the birth then we don't want a lot of people to be dissapointed.

Today I just made a sandwich for Adrian and then I left the house to take it to him at his parlor. I waved to a few people I knew then when I came to the parlor I opened the door.

"The other day Scotland Yard found another body in an alley that they didn't tell the public about. Her death was a little different, she was-" Adrian stopped talking when he saw me and walked past Lord Phantomhive towards me.

It was never pleasant to walk in on one of his information sessions with Ciel, but I know it's part of his job.

"Hello (Y/N)" he came over to me and kissed my cheek, taking the bag with the sandwich in it from me.

"Hello Adrian" I smile a little, glancing over to Sebastian and Ciel.

"I didn't realize what time it was, my Lord, do you mind leaving and coming back later for the rest of the information?" Adrian looked back at Ciel.

"I'm afraid we cannot do that Mr. Undertaker, this is important" Sebastian chimed in.

"Just go ahead and finish, I'll be in the back making tea" I say. I take the bag back from Adrian and head to the back room where his little stove was. I set the ba on the table and took his teapot and filled it with water and the tea leaves. I then placed it on the stove and waited for it to boil.

I could overhear bits and pieces of the conversation going on in the room over.

"...so she didn't commit..."

"....I'm afraid she....it may have been..."

"....but how?!"

"....my lord..."

After a few minutes of silence the door opened and in came Adrian. I jumped a little and went back to the tea I was making. I poured it into two cups and brought them over to the table.

"I'm sorry for making you wait, but the Phantomhive boy can be quite impatient" Adrian commented. I nodded and sat down across from him.

"It's alright, I understand. If I were trying to....solve a murder....I would be impatient too" I reply, taking a sip of my tea. Adrian opened the bag and took out his sandwich.

"Didn't you pack yourself one?" He asked, looking up at me. I couldn't see his beautiful green eyes through his hair, but I could see them all I wanted later.

"I ate before I came, I got a little hungry earlier than usual" I blush a little and look down at my teacup.

"Oh, I see. Well don't worry about it, I'm sure it's just because of the baby" he smiled widely and I smiled back.

Once he finished eating and we finished our tea I cleaned the dishes and was ready to leave. He gave me a kiss before I reached the door but then he stopped me once more.

"Be careful, and don't open the door to anyone" I nodded, not quite understanding why but assuming it was for a good reason. I left and walked all the way back to our house.

I started to clean up the house before Adrian came home so the house would be clean for him. Soon there was a knock on the door and I opened it, not remembering Adrian's warning.

A young man stood there with glasses and shaggy blonde hair. I remember him from somewhere. I took a closer look and recognized him as the reaper that tried to kill me the first time.

"Can I help you?" I ask, keeping the door half closed.

"Yes, I need to speak to you" he replied.

"I'm listening" I glance over my shoulder to make sure there was something in arms distance that I could reach for if something went wrong.

"The child that you're due to have in roughly 7 months will go into the reaper business once it is old enough" he said.

"But...why? It won't be a full blooded reaper like Adrian" I reply.

"It's blood will be about 75% grim reaper, qualifying it to be a part of the reaper association. Though it will not collect any souls, it will work in one of the departments such as the scythe distribution department" he explained with a bored look on his face.

"What if my child doesn't want to be in the reaper business?" I ask.

"It won't have a choice, and it will be able to blame that on you and Mr. Undertaker. That's all I had to tell you, so have a good day" he then walked away from the did and I closed it.

When Adrian returned home I told him why's happened and he shook his head.

"We will have to wait until our child gets old enough and let it make that decision. If it doesn't want that, I'm sure we could make something happen so it could do what it wants with its life, but until then, we can't do anything" he explained to me. I nodded. More complications, just what we needed.

A/N
Okay, so I'm going to let you guys decide wether the baby will be a boy or a girl. I will also let you decide the name of the baby, so just leave in the comments the gender and the name you want it to have. I will choose the name and gender depending on what is the most popular in the comments! Have fun with this and be creative!