Graveyard Memories

I searched the house frantically for him, but he wasn't there. I searched the perimeter of the house and anywhere within a mile radius. It's like he disappeared. I leaned against a brick building, trying to gather my thoughts.

"Calm down (Y/N), this is nothing....he has disappeared like this before, he always comes back though, when I most need him" I say to calm myself, then I think of the other times he has disappeared without warning.

"When William and Ronald tried killing me, and I came to his parlor and he wasn't there" I recalled. Then another memory came along.

"When I was 9....he was gone for 8 years....god I hope he isn't gone that long" I started pacing in the alleyway. I was as nervous as nervous could be.

"Mistress, are you alright?" I heard a familiar voice call out. I look towards the street and see her. Oh, what was her name?

"Angela?" I ask as she approaches me. I quickly wipe my tears of anxiety from my face and snuffled one last time.

"Is everything okay? You seemed like you were distressed about something" she stated as she reached me. She took my hands in hers like we were long time friends. Perhaps we were.

"Yeah, I....I think everything's okay" I say. My mind is becoming foggy and Angela seems to have a glow around her figure.

"Don't you worry (Y/N), everything will be just fine" she smiled as my mind became foggier and foggier. Then I piece it together in my mind. Her good deeds, that glow, how I somehow seem to trust her. Hell! Even her name sounds like it.

"You're an...."my eyelids begin to close but I still want to remain awake.

"Angel....." Then my mind went white.

"(Y/N)!" I looked over at my mother, she was so pretty.

"Momma!" I call as I run over to her. The door from the house closes and I see my dad coming our way.

"Welcome home dadda!" I said excitedly. He picked me up and twirled me around like any good father does.

"(Y/N), goodbye" I hear my mother say, her voice sounding faded.

"But where are you going momma?" I ask as I hold her hands.

"Momma was a good girl so I get to go to heaven" she smiles at me, her same beautiful smile. Her figure seemed to fade and seem more and more transparent.

"But momma, don't leave me" I pouted, but she just gave a hug and waved as she kept fading until she was nothing but thin air.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

My dad, he takes care of me, just like how momma used to. He is the perfect image of a father. We no longer wore black. We no longer wollowed in self pity. Instead we kept going on.

We kept her pictures around the house, and the smell of her favorite candle still wafted through the air, but it was comforting. My father got a promotion. He is bringing in a whole lot of money, but he can't be home a lot because he's working so much.

I find a friend. I find a friend at the graveyard while I was visiting my momma. Her name is Angela Blanc. She's from a poor family but she has a great personality and is a lovely girl. Everyday we went to that graveyard to play, to read together, to talk.

She saved my life.

Some guy lost control of his lawnmower and it almost killed me, but Angela stopped it with a big stick. We used to draw in the dirt with that stick. Draw funny faces, then we started writing quotes from our favorite books in the dirt with that stick.

I eventually moved out of my dads house, I got a house in the middle of town where all the action was. But Angela gets to live in a mansion. Though she is a maid, the only maid, of the estate, she still gets three square meals a day and a warm bed to sleep in.

I see her from time to time in town when she's on errands for her master, but other than that we write to each other a lot. And I mean writing more than once a day if we have time.

My eyes open again and Angela is crouched beside me. I sit up and grasp my head.

"What happened Angela?" I asked, sensing a pounding headache coming.

"I don't know, we were walking and you just collapsed" she said as she rubbed my back.

"Probably because I barfed up my breakfast" I rub my stomach.

"You should eat better (Y/N), those eggs were probably a week old by now" she exclaims as I climb to my feet.

"Yeah, I'll have to go shopping with.....with....who was I thinking I was going to go shopping with?" I ask myself, my brain still slightly groggy from passing out.

A/N
I'm so excited that there are 1k reads for this. I honestly didn't expect it to get that many, and as for the encouraging comments, I expected none. :/ thanks for so many people liking this enough to keep reading and voting. You don't know exactly how wonderful this is for me. I'm writing this literally at 2 am just for you guys. ^_^ hope you enjoy and keep reading!