Calm Before the Storm

"Good morning (Y/N), breakfast will be served in the dining hall in an hour, I am here to assist you in preparing for the day" Sebastian says as he pulls the curtains away, allowing sunlight in.

I sit up and rub my eyes. "How long does it take to get ready? I can normally just wake up and go right to therapy."

"Today you will be dressed as a proper lady should along with hygiene which I know for sure they do not provide at the institution" Sebastian explains. I shrug and climb out of bed.

Sebastian opens a wardrobe and pulls out a deep red and black dress. I smile at how pretty it is.

"I hope you don't mind that it has been thrifted" Sebastian says as he lays it on the bed and lifts my nightgown I had been wearing before over my head.

He then lead me to a bathroom where a tub of warm water was already run. He used a rag to wash my back and arms and legs but left my private areas to me.

When I stepped out, I felt bare but was almost immediately covered by a corset. Sebastian only tightened it slightly before dressing me fully. The dress was complicated and I now see why it took so long to get ready.

Afterwards, Sebastian began combing through my hair and proceeded to pin it up loosely. In the mirror I smiled at how I looked. I had never looked this way as far as I could remember.

"Would you like to head down to the dining room for breakfast now madam?" I grinned at him and nodded. He lead me downstairs to a dining hall that was fairly large. Ciel was sat down at one end and three others stood behind him.

I sat beside him where another place had been set. A scruffy looking American man brought out two plates of eggs and sausage. They never gave me this kind of food where I was before.

"(Y/N), today I will need you to cooperate in order to help you get better. I will be asking you to view what we call a cinematic record which will restore your memories" Ciel explained. I nodded a little and took a bite out of the eggs.

"Why do you want me to get better?" I ask curiously.

"Because you're special madam, when you're better you can save a lot of people" Sebastian pitches in as he strolls behind me.

"I can save people? Wow!" I exclaim. I finish eating what was on my plate and sat, waiting for Ciel to finish.

"It may be a scarring process, but it must be done" Ciel says, standing up from the table and walking toward the exit. I quickly follow behind him, feeling excited.

"So what's a cinematic record? How does it work?" I question as he leads me to a small room with a couch and a small table.

"It is a book of your whole life, but we must be careful that you only see as much as you've been through, your cinematic record is unique and predestined" Sebastian says, standing behind me.

"Oh...okay, well what are we waiting for?" I ask.

"Sebastian, the book" Ciel says. Without a word, Sebastian goes to a book shelf and pulls out a dark leatherback book with gold plating. He sets it down on the table and Ciel gestures for me to sit on the couch.

I do so and Sebastian slowly opens the book. A bright light shine from the inside of it and it blinded me. Suddenly I began to remember.

I met a boy in a cemetery, he's my friend.

My mother passed away and my father is a drunkard.

I met Adrian.

Adrian.

He was the boy in the cemetery.

He saved me and I chose to marry him.

Marrying him changed me, I am no longer only human, I'm half Grim Reaper.

And the angel Angela or otherwise known as Ash Landers tried tainting me so I would be "pure."

I killed the angel to save Adrian.

Adrian and I had two children, Scarlett and Ian.

Then one day I grew sick, and I slept for a while.

When I woke up, I was mentally ill.

I had thought I'd killed my children.

I tried escaping to the woods but was taken to an asylum.

There, the nurse completely wiped my memory.

She planned on jamming false memories in my head.

As revenge for

Sebastian shut the book, cutting me off of the rest. I blinked a couple times before glancing up at them.

"I...what is the nurse trying to get revenge for?" I ask, standing up.

"We don't know, but we do know that the nurse is an angel and you can kill her" lord Phantomhive explains.

"Where are my daggers?" I question, crossing my arms in front of me.

Ciel only looks at Sebastian before the taller man left and returned with my weapons wrapped up in cloth. I take a short look at them, feeling adrenaline rushing through my veins.

"Can you take me to her?"

With that, Ciel had Sebastian prepare a carriage and we were set off back into town to the institution. I had rage building inside of me. I remember the pain and fear I had when I thought I had murdered my children, this angel is going to pay for it.

Once we reach the institution I grab the two blades covered in cloth and get out of the carriage, walking into the building with purpose. I pass the front desk against the secretary's wishes and head for the hall I so remember.

The lights above flickered as my heels pounded against the cold cement floor. I reach the room I had stayed in for lord knows how long, and I turn toward the hallway.

At the end, right next to the torture chamber where I had been electrically shocked so many times, stood the nurse. The angel that planned on replacing my memories and making me a completely different person.

She stood there with a menacing gaze but a sly grin upon her lips. It was time to end this.

A/N

SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER
Not really but still, I plan on updating soon so you won't be waiting too long. I kind of want to have a title for this besides "Undertaker X Reader", like a legitimate title, but I have no idea what to name it, so go ahead and leave some ideas in the comment section and I'll figure it out from there! Thanks for reading! ♥️