The Duo At The Doorstep

The next morning I wake up on my side of the bed with a slight yawn. Adrian was still asleep so I climbed out of bed and decided to start breakfast. I cracked eggs over the fire in a pan, listening to the sizzle.

I heard Adrian wake up as he walked out into the kitchen.

"Mm, I love your cooking dear" he said as he stretched, his now shoulder length hair all messy from sleeping.

"Thank you" I smiled, remembering that there was Riku in the guest room. "Shh" I say as I put a finger to my lips to shush him. He zipped his lips and stood there watching me cook for a few minutes in silence when there was a knock on the door.

Adrian went to the door and opened it. "Hello, and who might you be?" I leaned back and looked to see a young girl with a tall man behind him. They seemed an odd pair, the man had some sort of suit on, but it wasn't actually like a suit. He carried a box on his back and had a ponytail.

The girl had a maroon body suit on, it didn't seem the least bit appropriate for a lady in this time period. She had really short black hair and an almost expressionless look on her face.

"We're here for Riku" the girl stated. She seemed somewhat determined.

"He's still sleeping, would you like to stay for breakfast?" I asked as I stood up with the pan of eggs. The girl was about to answer when the man behind her cut in.

"We'd love to" his voice was deep, and it sounded like it had no emotion, but there was some emotion, even if only a little bit. The girl seemed disatisfied but entered our house.

I cooked extra eggs for the guests and took a chair from the living room to suit the guests. Riku finally woke up and looked really sleepy.

"Good morning Riku" I smiled at him and he smiled back as he rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning" then he looked up and saw the duo at the table. "Sayo, Haji? What are you guys doing here?" He smiled with his high pitched voice. He didn't seem Andy older than an eight year old, but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.