Act I: Chapter 20

The path that Blue and the others walked through led them into an abandoned building resembling a church or holy place. Mournful bells tolled as the group walked through the dusty building. A great sadness fell upon Blue when she walked out and saw the destroyed Violet Town. The grass that was once green had all burned to ashes. Soot covered the collapsed buildings everywhere they looked. The sky was clouded by dark smoke, blocking any sort of sunlight whatsoever.

"Oh no," Blue said, "What happened to this place?"

"This is the works of Darkmoon," Percy explained, "If you feel the burn marks on the buildings, you can feel a bit of dark energy in it."

"I don't understand why anyone would ever want to do this," Henry said, "They don't ever consider the innocent life they're destroying."

"And from the looks of it, a lot of Star Fairies lived here," Lizzy added.

"They wanted us to live in fear," Percy told them, looking as if he was about to cry, "So, they destroyed our home and are keeping some of us captive."

"That's terrible," Emile said, "Darkmoon will pay for what he did!"

"It's a bit too late for that!" Rosie shouted as she and Willow started running towards them. Blue gasped with surprise.

"Rosie?! Willow?!" she responded, "How did you get here?!"

"Envy led me right to the castle up there, and we sort of just left," she answered as she pointed to the floating dark castle in the center of the town, "But I've got bad news. Envy has taken Darkmoon's SOUL and has become the new ruler of Darkness. She now possesses the power of a god."

"Well, so do I," Blue responded, "I can defeat her with my power."

"I see that," Rosie replied, "But do you have what it takes? Do you think you can fell a god for once and for all?"

"I let her go the first time and let my guard down the second time, but this time, I will not fail!" Blue said as if she had Determination.

"We will help out as well," Henry said, "It's our job to keep you safe, but first, we need to rescue the captive Star Fairies. I know they're keeping them somewhere."

"Then I guess we will split up," Willow suggested, "Some of us will go fight Envy, and some of us will rescue the captives."

"I volunteer to go with Blue," Percy said, "Even though my people need to be rescued, Blue needs my power more than them."

"Me too," Henry added, "My healing powers are strong and can prove useful on the battlefield."

"I would go with you, but I was proven to not be strong enough against Envy's HATE," Rosie said, "I'll find the captives, along with Layla, Lizzy, and Willow. Emile, you'll need to go with Blue."

"Of course," Emile said, "But how are we going to get up into the castle? It's kinda floating in midair." Hesitance suddenly teleported in front of them.

"Perhaps I can help with that," he said, "I don't know why, but I feel like helping you guys is the right thing to do." He smiled slightly.

"I'm not sure how I feel about that," Percy said, "You did steal the SOULs of my people after all."

"Don't worry," Rosie said, "I talked to him, and he said that he's fine with helping us out."

"I am sorry for stealing those SOULs," Hesitance apologized, "I truly am, which is why I want to help you guys. Everybody stand still, and I will teleport you inside the building." Everyone stood in place and closed their eyes. Hesitance focused his energy and teleported them inside the building.