Act I: Chapter 19

After a bit of walking, Blue and the others arrived in the Ice Crystal Forest. Just like its name, crystals of ice hung off of the trees and shined in the sunlight.

"This place, is beautiful," Blue said as her mouth dropped slightly, "I never realized the beauty of Winter."

"If only it wasn't so cold," Emile said, "Something tells me we're close to the Ice Crystal Cave." Henry looked forward and saw a sparkle in darkness.

"I think I found it," he stated as he pointed in the designated direction, "Let's go over there." The others followed Henry to where the sparkle was. As they were, Blue suddenly began to feel faint and her steps became heavier with each one she took.

"Um, Blue? Are you feeling okay?" Layla asked as she shifted her eyes towards the princess.

"I'm starting to see what Rosie was meaning by having magic getting drained," Blue replied, "I don't know how long we'll last in there."

"Do you think I could help?" Henry asked, "My healing is pretty strong."

"Same here," Layla added, "Water is the source of all life." Blue straightened herself out.

"Thanks," she told them, "You guys will come in handy when we get inside." She began to walk forward without any flaws whatsoever. Eventually, the group arrived at a cave implanted right into the ground. Blue and the others cautiously slid down the slope and entered the cave.

...

The cave appeared to be dark at first, but was suddenly illuminated by the ethereal energy it produced. Blue looked along the silver walls and saw the little blue crystals scattered across them. The cold air became as cold as a winter snowstorm as they walked down further into the cave. After a bit of walking, the group found themselves in a big open area with a waterfall flowing into a large river that consumed the other half of the room.

"This looks like the perfect water source for healing," Layla remarked, "Although there is definitely more water in Integrity Falls."

"But we have a bit of a problem," Percy said, "The exit is on the other side. Are any of you guys good at swimming?" Everyone shook their heads.

"Even if we were, the water is flowing so fast that we might get caught in the river and meet our doom at the bottom of the cave," Lizzy said as she peered her eyes to another waterfall leading to the depths of the cave.

"But there has to be someway to get across, right?" Emile asked, "I mean, there's no way that we just came down here for nothing."

"I would bend the water out of the way to part a pathway, but my magic down here is severely limited," Layla replied. Blue looked at a nearby sign. It appeared to be a diagram of a person walking across the water using ice magic.

"Maybe there is a way," she said, "Let me just try this out." She walked towards the water, which caused Henry to become very concerned.

"Don't go into the water!" he shouted as his voice echoed in the large cave. Blue took a deep breath and took a step onto the river. As she did, a small patch of ice appeared before her feet. She took another step, and more ice appeared. As she kept taking steps, the whole river began to freeze before becoming completely frozen as the princess reached the other side. Henry gasped as the others applauded.

"She made it?" Henry said with surprise, "I didn't think what she did was possible."

"Neither did I," Emile added as he began walking across the ice, "But I'm not complaining." The others followed him as he walked towards Blue.

They began to walk along a narrow enclosed path until they arrived at a small open area, wide enough for the group to sit in a circle, but not wide enough to be dangerous.