Act II: Chapter 29

That night, Blue and the others returned to the base with grievances on their faces.

"What happened?" Rosie asked them.

"Layla was captured," Blue told her, "The wizard then told us if we wanted to rescue our friends that we had to go to Mt. Ebott. I'm getting the sense that it won't be long before the remaining wizards find us and kill us off one by one."

"That won't happen," Rosie said toughly, "But I don't want you going anywhere near Mt. Ebott."

"Why not?" Blue asked.

"They say that those who go into Mt. Ebott never return," Rosie told them, "If you go there, you may never come back."

"But that's just some urban legend," Lance replied, "She's a princess with great and wonderful power. Do you underestimate her abilities?" Emile and Henry walked towards them.

"Here's the thing," Emile said, "We discussed it with Rosie, and we decided that it was ultimately best to keep you safe. Therefore we cannot let you go."

"It's for your own good," Henry added, "If you were to die, we would fail at our job of keeping you safe."

"But how did you know that I was going to go to Mt. Ebott?" Blue asked, slightly frustrated, "Did someone else see the future and decided to plant a message of doubt in your minds?"

"Yes, and that was me," Queen Snow answered as she walked up to them.

"Mom?!" Blue said with surprise.

"Yes," Snow replied, "I saw a terrible vision of you getting killed by a tall skeletal monster. I simply cannot let that happen to my own daughter."

"I understand, but I feel like you guys are trying to hold me back," Blue told them, "I'm an Eternal Star Fairy. Fighting off evil and bringing peace is my job. It's my purpose."

"We know," Henry told her, "But this time, let us handle it. We will save your friends."

"I can't believe it," she said, "After all we've been through, you don't trust me? I can see into the future, and you guys are telling me that I can't do something because you don't want me to get hurt. I've faced off several dangerous opponents in the last one hundred years. I defeated Darkmoon himself."

"We're aware of that," Emile replied, "But we believe that these enemies are more powerful than any enemy we've faced before."

"But I'm more powerful too," Blue talked back.

"Enough," Rosie shut her down, "We're going and you're staying. Is that clear?" Blue turned around and stormed off to one of the bedrooms, taking Blue Claire with her.

"I'll go talk to her," Queen Snow told them. She slowly followed to where Blue went. She opened the curtain keeping the area closed off from the others and saw Blue sitting on one of the beds petting the rabbit's head.

"Hey," Snow began, "Is everything alright?" Blue refused to make eye contact.

"I don't understand," Blue began, "Why do they think I'm weak? I'm an Eternal Star Fairy. And you, of all people, my own mother, you think I'm weak too."

"That's not at all the case," Snow replied, "I think you are strong. You're the strongest girl I've ever met, and I'm not just saying that because you're my daughter. When your father passed away, you were all that I had left. Then, Queen Starlight came and made you princess of the planet. I didn't want you to go because I would be lonely. I wasn't entirely on board when you went to go defeat Darkmoon. From what you and your friends told me, you nearly died. I don't want to lose you again." Blue handed Blue Claire to her.