Act I: Chapter 14

Willow and Lizzy remained unconscious where they lay. Rosie didn't have the strength to move. Nothing stood in Fear's way except for Emile. The battle between Fear and Bravery was mere seconds from beginning. Emile looked towards Fear and refused to lay his eyes off of her.

"It's only fair that I let the lady go first," he smirked. That response prompted Fear to growl a little.

"This is why I hate you Bravarians," she said, "You and your little snarky attitudes." She summoned her other sword and dashed forward. Emile, knowing that she did the same thing last time, countered her swing by creating a wall of earth. Then, one by one, he threw chunks of earth at Fear. She managed to dodge the first few, but the amount of chunks ended up overwhelming her and caused her to get hit in the face by one of them, pushing her back significantly.

"You're good," she said as she brushed the dust off her shirt, "But I've been holding back!" She aimed her sword at Emile's chest and threw it with full force. Emile smiled cleverly and moved slightly to the right, dodging the sword.

"You're right," he responded, "You have been holding back, and you still are. But I, however, am not!" He then summoned a barrage of orange spears and fired them at Fear. She reacted by using Rhabdophobia to take control of the spears and then pointed them back at Emile.

"You sure I'm holding back now?" she said evilly, "In a few seconds, you're going to beaten by your own medicine." Emile shrugged his shoulders.

"You can keep those ones," he told her, "I've got plenty more where that comes from!" He then summoned 1,000 spears, outnumbering Fear's by a longshot. Then, he fired every single one of them all at once. Fear was able to counter the first few with her spears, but the rest was too much for her to handle. Every spear that hit her did minimal damage, but due to the plethora of the weapon, her damage multiplied at a rapid rate. After the last one pierced her chest, she looked forward into Emile's eyes with a mournful look on her face.

"I can't believe it," she said, "I was bested by my own kind, my own people, by the leader of my own tribe." Emile had a confused look on his face and reverted back to his normal self.

"Your tribe?" he asked, "What does that mean? Hold on, let me get a closer look at you." Emile walked up close to Emile and examined her eyes. Although they were pinker than the clouds on a sunset, Emile spotted a bit of orange in her pupils.

"Wait," he said, "I know you. You're Penelope, the Bravarian whose SOUL turned gray. But how did this happen?" Emile took a few steps back.

"It's a long story," she told him, "I might want to tell you it now before I dust away." Suddenly, Emile heard footsteps from behind him. He turned his head and saw Blue and the others heading his way.

"Blue?!" he exclaimed with surprise, "But how did you find us?"

"Percy heard the crashing noises coming from over here," Blue explained, "We eventually found this place and now we found you guys." Henry looked around and the saw the colony of spears lying around waiting to turn to dust.

"Emile, don't tell me you used your true power in here," he said, "Do you realize how dangerous it can be for not only everyone but also yourself?"

"Yes, I am aware," Emile said, "I do feel a bit exhausted, but I couldn't let Penelope kill Willow."

"Penelope?" Blue asked, "You don't mean the Bravarian that got a gray SOUL, do you?"

"I heard she fell off a cliff and died," Percy said, "At least, that's what Corey told me."

"Henry, do you think you could use your power to heal her?" Emile asked, "I'd feel really bad if I accidentally killed one of my own kind."

"Alright," Henry responded. He walked up to Penelope and used his staff to cast a healing aura, removing the spear in Penelope's chest and fixing the wounds scattered across her body. Doing so also caused the unconscious Star Fairies to wake up.