Act II: Final Chapter (39)

Willow grinned at Blue as strains of HATE crawled up her arm. Blue’s body began to tremble slightly. The girl who she once knew was long gone.
“What are you waiting for?” Willow asked, “Come on. Fight me!”
“I don’t want to,” Blue said, “You were my friend at one point. If I kill you, I will feel awful for the rest of my life.”
“Blue, this isn’t the time for this,” Rosie told her coldly, “If we don’t do something about her, she’ll destroy the entire solar system.”
“I know you want to do the right thing here and spare her,” Layla said, “But a sacrifice must be made in order to save the lives of millions.”
“We have no other choice but to fight,” Henry added. Blue didn’t respond and remained frozen in fear.
“Fine then,” Rosie said, “If you won’t do anything, then we’ll do something first!” She summoned a barrage of flames and fired them at Willow. Willow dodged them and struck back with a dark purple energy attack, knocking Rosie back.
“Blue!” Henry shouted, “Pull yourself together! This isn’t the time to be remaining still! We have to fight!” Layla then jumped forward and threw her trident into Willow’s chest. Getting pierced by it, Willow slowly pulled it back out and swung it at Layla, knocking her down.
“I have to get up,” Rosie said, “I can’t let this world be destroyed.”
“Blue, anytime now!” Henry pleaded, “We need to you to fight back.” Willow looked at Blue and smiled wickedly.
“She’s not moving,” she said, “Last time I tried to take her SOUL, there was an interference. But now, if I miss, I’ll just take the life of someone else!” She took her scythe and swung it vertically at Blue. Henry jumped in the way and summoned a barrier to protect her.
“I can’t hold on much longer,” Henry said, “Eventually, she’s going to break through!” Unfortunately, Willow broke the barrier and pierced Henry’s chest with the scythe, revealing his SOUL and causing him to dust. Blue gasped and immediately snapped back to reality.
“Henry…” she said softly, “No!” She looked at Willow with revenge in her eyes.
“You have taken him away from me,” she said as tears crawled down her face, “You have taken away my best friend. You wicked demon!” She held the Chaos Saber out to the side.
“I will kill you!” she shouted, “Gods like you don’t deserve to live!” She summoned a bunch of icicles and all fired them at Willow, knocking her back. Blue then dashed forward and swung her Chaos Saber at her several times.
“Something about her seems different,” Willow thought as she kept dodging the attacks, “Where did all of this strength come from?” Eventually, Blue cut of Willow’s right arm with her blade. Willow gasped and quickly backed away from her. Black liquid dripped form the injury.
“Why you little brat!” she said, “I’ll kill you!” Before she could attack, a light purple beam from the outside consumed her body. Blue looked over and saw Amethyst casting the beam.
“Amethyst!” Blue said, “What are you doing here?!”
“I’m going to kill this being with the last of my power!” Amethyst replied, “They’re responsible for everything that has happened here, now I’m serving them the justice they deserve!” As soon as she finished casting the beam, Amethyst fainted as her SOUL cracked and burst. Willow barely survived the attack. Blue pointed the Chaos Saber at Willow.
“Let’s try this one more time,” she said, “Patience, Fairy, Starbeam!” A silver beam was cast out of the blade, causing Willow to be completely demolished by the blast. Blue fell to the ground, exhausted and grieved about what happened. She began to cry as the other Star Fairies entered the fray.
“You did it,” Rosie said, “You defeated the Lavender Demon and killed Darkmoon for good.”
“No,” Blue dismissed, “This isn’t over. I sense something bigger is coming. Look at that SOUL of Willow’s.” The group lay their eyes on Willow’s SOUL. It still had its lavender glow, only now that half of it was corrupted by HATE. Below the SOUL was a pile of black liquid that slowly began to form into a being of it’s own. It had no definitive shape, but it appeared to be a being whose sole purpose was for destruction and malice. Blue gasped with fear.
“Oh no,” she said, “Oh no, oh no, oh no. This can’t be happening.” The HATE smiled at her wickedly.
“I am Hate,” it said with a distorted voice, “The true form of Darkmoon. I will wipe out this planet and throw the universe into Eternal Darkness!” Just before anything else could happen, Blue Claire appeared in front of Blue.
“Blue Claire?” Blue said, “What are you doing here?” Blue Claire smiled and then began to transform, sending the two of them into a vision.

Blue looked around her and saw that they were in a field of golden flowers. She then looked forward and saw a rabbit that resembled Blue Claire, but was significantly older in appearance. She had a similar outfit to Blue Claire’s and wielded a wand with a bunny at the end of it.
“Who are you?” Blue asked. The rabbit looked at her and smiled.
“I am Clarice,” she said, “Goddess of Hope. I have been reincarnated into this little rabbit here on Earth to come and help you in desperate needs. It appears that a new enemy has shown up all of a sudden. Hate, the true form of Darkmoon, has finally revealed itself. From the weapons and abilities you have, you will not be able to stop him. Therefore, hand me that Chaos Saber of yours.
“What are you going to do with it?” Blue asked as she handed the Chaos Saber to her. Clarice smiled and made the Chaos Saber glow. It began to change its shape into a long staff. After it finished, it appeared as a light blue scepter with a star shape at its tip. Just below it were two angel wings that gave the weapon some flare.
“What is this?” Blue asked.
“This is the Eternal Star Scepter,” Clarice told her, “This weapon will allow you to neutralize any form of evil or darkness. You will also be able to summon both this weapon and the Chaos Saber, though only one can be out at a time. Now, you know what you must do. Go and cease Hate.”
“But what about you?” Blue asked, “What’s going to happen to you?”
“I’m still merely a child in this life,” Clarice replied, “I will stay here and grow up like a normal little girl.” Blue nod her head.
“Thank you,” she said with a smile, “I’ll see you soon.”

As soon as they got back, Blue Claire returned to normal as Blue stood up and smiled at the Hate. She then pointed her scepter at it.
“You won’t threaten us anymore,” she told it. The Hate then cast a beam of darkness at Blue. Holding up the scepter, the beam was nullified by Blue’s glorious light. Blue slowly walked forward, nullifying any attack thrown at her. She slowly got faster and started running.
“Silver Star!” she commanded, “Eternal Light, Blast!” she then cast a large photon beam at Hate. It started to fight back with another beam of darkness, but Blue’s light rendered it too weak.
“I won’t let you hurt anyone ever again!” Blue shouted, “It’s time for you to be concealed away for eternity!” The Hate slowly began to vanish.
“How is this possible?!” it shouted as it was consumed by the light.
Then, it was over. Darkmoon was gone forever. Blue grabbed Willow’s SOUL and observed it. Her light did not cure the corruptness it had. Blue looked down and saw a small vial on the ground. She picked it up and saw that it contained HATE.
“This SOUL and this HATE,” she said, “They need to be kept safe away from this world.”

Lance felt his SOUL burst the instant Willow was killed. Artemis felt his heart come to a stop and his breathing cease. Lance was gone. Artemis felt tears run down his face as great sorrow entered his heart.
“Lance…” he said, followed him crying by the human’s bedside. Penelope and Hesitance watched him and began to feel the same way, though they tried to mask their emotions. Penelope took a step forward as if she was going to speak, but quickly retracted it.
“No,” she thought, “Leave him alone for now.” Shortly afterwards, Blue and the others arrived at the bunker.
“Blue,” Penelope said, “What happened up there?”
“To make a long story short, we defeated the enemy, but we lost Henry, Willow, and Amethyst in the process,” Blue answered.
“They’re not the only ones,” Penelope replied, “We lost Lance as well.”
“Oh,” Blue said, “I’m sorry to hear that. It’s partially my fault for it. When Willow gave up half of her SOUL, she gave half of her life to Lance. Since Willow was killed by me, Lance is gone as well.” Artemis got up and immediately ran over to Blue and embraced her.
“I know I’m a crybaby for getting upset over this,” Artemis said, “I’m so glad you’re alright.”
“It’s okay,” Blue replied, “Everything is going to be fine now.”
“What will happen now?” Penelope asked, “The main threat is gone, and these humans and monsters seem to be at peace with each other. The war is over.”
“I don’t know yet,” Blue said, “But I know that whatever happens, everyone will be content with it.”

The next day, all of the humans in the country met by Mt. Ebott as the monsters and Star Fairies watched what was happening.
“So, what exactly happened?” Elizabeth asked, “And why are they all entering Mt. Ebott?”
“The King decided that in order to prevent another war, all humans would be required to move to Mt. Ebott,” Blue explained with a smile, “The best part is, every human agreed to doing so.”
“That’s honestly shocking,” Rosie replied, “I don’t understand how every human would agree to this.”
“Let’s say there was some ‘persuading’ involved,” Emile said with a grin. Everyone paused awkwardly.
“Don’t tell me you decided to persuade them,” Percy said.
“Oh of course not,” Emile said, “I only threatened them with my spear. Layla did the actual talking and whatnot.”
“Yeah, and I told you not to use violence,” Layla said, “But you didn’t listen and insisted on trying your method.” Emile shrugged his shoulders.
“Hey, it worked, didn’t it?” he reminded.
“Fair enough,” Layla replied. Blue stepped forward and looked out toward the mountain.
“I understand why Queen Starlight sent us here,” Blue said, “The humans and monsters wouldn’t stand a chance without us here. Their fate would’ve been terrible. Knowing what power Blue Claire possessed, it would have been fatal for them. Then again, if we didn’t bring Willow, things might have turned out different.” She pulled out Henry’s SOUL.
“I know that Henry will come back at some point,” she continued, “But for now, I’ll send it down to Mt. Ebott with the humans. They’re going to need his guidance.” She tapped the SOUL and sent it away. She then pulled out the vial of HATE and Willow’s SOUL.
“If only I had a safe place to send these to,” she pondered, “Taking them anywhere would be dangerous. If Willow is going to awaken again, I predict that she will not be the same ever again. Only a chosen angel will be able to defeat her and cure her of Darkmoon’s control.”
“But if Darkmoon’s gone, how will she still be controlled?” Elizabeth asked, “That doesn’t quite make sense.”
“The HATE still controls people even after the host has been destroyed,” Blue explained, “It should fade out overtime, but it will never truly be gone until the chosen one destroys it.”
“But aren’t you the chosen one?” Artemis asked.
“I unfortunately am not,” Blue said, “Not for this anyway. I tried everything I could, but nothing will work.”
“Interesting,” Elizabeth said, “I’ll find a safe place to hold onto these.” Layla stepped in.
“No, I will,” Layla said, “I am the most trustworthy here. I’ll hold onto them until Elizabeth finds a good place.”
“Alright then,” Elizabeth said, “I suppose that’s a better idea. I have been known to lose things for a while.” Blue handed the SOUL and vial to Layla.
“Well, now that that’s settled, where do we go from here?” Rosie asked, “It seems our mission here is done.”
“You’re not telling me that you’re gonna leave, are you?” Artemis asked.
“Don’t leave,” Blue Claire said, “Stay here.” Blue slowly nod her head and smiled.
“We’ll stay here,” she said. Artemis smiled and hugged Blue.
“Thank you,” he said.
“You sure are a hugger,” Blue said.
“I know,” Artemis replied. He then stopped and began to blush.
“Blue,” he said gently, “I know this sounds crazy, but I think I might have started to fall in love with you. So, I was wondering…” he pulled out a ring from his pocket.
“Will you marry me?” he asked. Blue was shocked to hear this and started to giggle.
“Artemis,” she said, “I can’t marry you.”
“Why not?” he asked as his eyes widened.
“You’re 15,” Blue told him, “You’re a bit too young for marriage.”
“But I thought that didn’t matter when it came to love,” he said.
“Well, it kinda does,” Blue explained, “I don’t think your parents want you getting married at the age you’re at. However, it won’t stop you from asking me several years from now.” She winked and then gave Artemis a kiss on the cheek. Artemis began to blush harder.
“Oh, well okay,” he said, “So what now?” Blue paused for a brief moment.
“Let’s get you home,” Blue said, “I think your parents might be worried about you. Would you like me to walk you home?” Artemis smiled.
“Sure,” he replied. They slowly began to walk towards the castle.
As they were walking down, their hands slowly began to fold into each other. They then turned to each other and smiled as they walked the rest of the way home.

THE END…?