Act I: Chapter 13

Below the Kindness Clouds was dark and gloomy. Old vines hugged closely to the walls. Old swamp water splashed at each step Percy and Layla took.

"Do you have any idea where we're going?" Layla asked him, "We don't seem to be getting anywhere close to... well, anywhere."

"I might not have a clue where we're going," Percy said, "But that won't stop me from trying to figure out where to go next."

"Wow," Layla said, "I guess some Star Fairies are bound to their SOUL trait."

"At least you told the truth," Percy replied, "Most Integrity SOULs tend to do so, well, if there were any left. No offense."

"None taken," Layla responded, "I've been alone for 100 years, so it's cool."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Percy said, feeling bad for her.

"There's no need," Layla replied, "Let's just try to find our way out of these ruins." She walked ahead of Percy abruptly, splashing Percy with water as she took her steps. As she took her next step into the puddle, a green vine grabbed her leg.

"Ahh!" she screamed, "Something's got my leg!" She reacted to it by casting nearby water at it. As soon as she did so, more vines came out and before they knew it, they were surrounded.

"Um, what do we do?" Layla asked with slight fear, "We're surrounded by wild vines, and they look like they want to attack us."

"I could try using fire magic," Percy suggested, "Let's see how it works." He held his hands out and cast weak purple fire at the vines. His connection to the element wasn't as strong as he thought.

"Dang," he said, "It's not strong enough. Maybe I'll try using water instead, and with a bit of the dark element I can create an enormous wave."

"That might not be a bad idea," Layla added, "Let's combine our powers together to get an even better effect."

"Right," Percy responded. Then, Layla focused all of her energy and made the muddy water below come to her command. Percy assisted her by casting dark energy into the large pool of water. In unison, they cast the water at the vines, causing them to shrink back to where they came from and clearing a path for them. As they walked forward, they saw Envy lying frozen on the ground. Layla and Percy looked towards each other nervously.

"Um, should we do something about her?" Percy asked, "She did do a lot of damage to us."

"It appears that someone used water particles to freeze her pores," Layla replied, "She'll thaw out soon I'm sure." Envy shifted her eyes towards them.

"You guys!" she shouted impatiently, "Unfreeze me right now!"

"No, I don't think I will," Layla said, "You did nothing to deserve it." A few seconds later, the ice inside Envy had melted and she stood up.

"I ought to kill you for what the princess did," she said, "It's only fair that way."

"I wouldn't bother," Percy told her, "We're in a narrow ravine with water below your feet, vines that could grab you, and a Perseverance SOUL that could get the best of you." Envy looked up and smiled evilly.

"That won't stop me from trying though!" she shouted. She then cast a dark energy ball at them. Layla and Percy dodged it, allowing it to hit the vines behind them. Not long afterwards, the vines grabbed Envy's leg and threw her out of the ravine. Layla and Percy were shocked to see that as Envy screamed at the top of her lungs while heading towards the sky.

"Well, I guess she upset the vines or something," Percy said as he shrugged his shoulders. They continued walking. As they did, they ended up meeting up with Blue and Henry.