Act II: Chapter 30

(Flashback: 7 years ago)

G. S. Nova was once human before becoming a skeletal monster. On one fateful night, he was working late that at the lab, as he had just invented a machine that could turn humans into monsters. His wife, son, and assistant were all there to watch it happen, Nova hoping to impress them with his work.

"Lindsey, Lance, Amy, come quickly!" he said with enthusiasm, "The invention is complete!"

"Professor," Amy spoke with concern, "Are you sure it's safe? We've never once tested it out before."

"I'm confident that it will work this time," Nova answered, "Now, watch as we build a future for this world." He confidently stepped inside the cylinder-shaped machine and pressed the ON button. Suddenly, something mysterious began to happen around them. The ground began to tremble and sparks of electricity began to fly, terrifying Lance and his mother.

"What's going on?" Lance asked in a panic, "Is this supposed to happen?"

"Not at all," Amy answered, "You two need to get out of here, now!" Lance and his mother quickly ran out of the room while Amy searched for the power button to shut it off. Unfortunately, the machine blew up, fatally injuring her in the process.

G. S. Nova barely survived, but now, his body was different than before. His skin had turned to bones and his internal organs were gone. He had become a skeleton monster. His invention was a success, but at what cost? He lost his humanity in the accident, After he got out of the machine, he quickly rushed over to Amy.

"Amy!" he shouted in agony, "Please wake up!" Amy looked over at him.

"It's going to be okay," she said, "We'll be alright." Tears began to fall from his bony cheeks as a sudden black fog of darkness began to surround them.

"What's happening?!" he asked, desperation in his voice.

"I can bring her back," a demonic voice said, "It doesn't have to end this way."

"How though?!" Nova asked, "We are both on the bridge of death! What could you possibly do to save us from this fate?!" Then, seven SOULs appeared in front of them, each in a different color.

"Take these SOULs and give them a home in seven human vessels," the darkness instructed, "Under one condition. You must make yourself my new vessel to exist in this world."

"If it means saving Amy, then I'll do it," Nova said desperately. Then, the darkness swirled around him and entered his body. He began to laugh evilly and grinned.

"It feels good to be back," he said as the purple SOUL entered Amy's body.

...

(Current Time)

"What happened to you?" Nova asked as Amethyst returned to the lab, "You don't look like yourself."

"I had to get back via teleportation," Amethyst replied, "But that Elizabeth. She's stronger than we thought."

"Are you telling me that you failed again?" Nova asked.

"It's not my fault," Amethyst defended, "She fooled me with earlier, acting weakly on purpose."

"Sounds like you were pretty dumb for believing what she told you," Nova said, "Do you remember why you were brought back to life?"

"I was brought back to help aid you in continuing this war," Amethyst replied, "You did save me from death after all."

"That is correct," Nova said as he fiddled with his bony hands, "Now, go get rid of those Star Fairies. You are stronger than them. Don't fail me again."