𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

↝ I'M GRΣΔT ШITH CHILDRΣΠ

 "IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE VILLIANS who were inspired by the Hosu incident will become more active

"IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE VILLIANS who were inspired by the Hosu incident will become more active." Best Jeanist warned the two interns. "Even though this is just a patrol, don't let your guard down."

"Riiight." Bakugou sarcastically answers.

"Got it." Hisaki 'salutes' lazily.

"This is sudden, but here's a question." Best Jeanist suddenly says. He stops his stride and looks back at the two unfocused students. "Patrols are meant to deter villains from committing crimes, but they also have a secondary effect. What is it?"

"Secondary effect?" Hisaki questions.

"If we see villains, we beat them up right away!"

"No."

"You're an idiot."

"Look it's Best Jeanist!" there were fangirls around the same age as Hisaki cheering for the Pro. "Please do your best at work!" She reminds me of Mina? Are they related? Best Jeanist puts one hand on his hip, leans on one leg and waves to the fans. The girls start squealing, fangirling at the high ranking hero.

"It's for fame isn't it." Hisaki deadpans.

"Close enough. The answer is: to show people who we are. To give the public a peace of mind." He looks at Hisaki and Bakugou, who are standing on the side dumbfounded. "It build trust between those who protect and those who are being protected."

"What is this, a courtesy visit?" Bakugou scoffs.

"Oh, I've seen him on TV before!" Three young boys were talking behind him. Are they talking about the Sports Festival? Bakugo and Shimura turn around as one of the kids squints at the ash blond's figure. "He was caught by a villain and looked like he was about to cry, right?" He points a finger at him as the other two snicker.

"Be my friend!" Hisaki pops up in front of the kids with a hand out.

Bakugou started to tremble in rage. "What did you say?!" He raises his fist in front of the poor kid's face. The little boys shrink back in fear, tears threatening to spill.

Hisaki slaps the back of her angered classmate. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Did you already forget what I taught you?" Best Jeanist looks down in disappointment. "Deal with them properly."

"All right already!" He walks closer the boys who were some feet away and leans down. There was a menacing look that seemed to scare the trio more. "You know, I wasn't caught by the villain back then, I was thinking about how to defeat him. It wasn't that I lost. I'm the one who'll become the number one hero! There're no reason for kids like you to worry about me-" The kids burst out in tears.

"How are you not able to calm down some kids?!" Hisaki sidekicks Bakugou and walks towards the crying elementary students. Number 4 hides in his hero suit at the commotion. Through the corner of Hisaki's eye, it looked like Best Jenaist was pretending not to know them.

"He's too proud..."

"I'm sorry he's being a meanie." She crouches and puts a comforting hand on the two standing next to the center kid while smiling softly. "You want to become a hero when you grow up right?" The kids nod their heads sniffling, lessening the tears that spill out of their eyes. "Then when you become a hero, become number one before him and rub it in his face!" She pats their heads. "And for bonus points, you can say on live television: "I knew I would be better than the man who looks feral!'"

"Got it!" The kids cry out, no longer frightened.

"Good!" She gives then a thumbs up and walk to her mentor.

As the three heroes walk away Best Jeanist spoke up. "I didn't know you could deal with kids."

"I don't." The girl shrugged. "I just treated them the same as how I would myself to stop crying, by giving myself a future goal."

Her mentor nods in understanding. Bakugou just looks at her in a mix of awe and confusion... but more in confusion.

+++

"I'm tired, so I'll go in first." Hisaki waves goodnight and slips away into her room. She enters the bathroom and fills the bathtub with water as she removes her clothes. Testing the water temperature, she dips her foot in before soaking herself in the hot water.

I don't recall being so social and warmhearted like that before. She ponders and tries to call back a memory in the past. In her records, she never bothered to worry about anyone but herself. The world was cruel and she had no choice but to put herself first.

"When did I change?"

***