16

"He's so cute Ace! Look at him!" You cooed as you gushed over the little pink octopus in the tank.

Your face was practically pressed against the glass of the tank as you watched the little guy move along the sandy bottom of his enclosure. The octopuses little tentacles spread out as he felt around for food.

"He's pretty cute. He'd be even better if he was takoyaki." Ace smirked down at you. Your eyes widened a bit as you looked up at Ace in complete horror.

"Ace how could you?" You softly whined as you slapped the male on the shoulder. Of course it had no effect on him and actually left you feeling like you had hit a brick wall.

Damn those muscles.

"I'm kidding." Ace laughed as he took in you're pouty expression. You looked so cute to him with your puffed out cheeks and your lips pulled into a small frown.

"You better be." You lightly hissed out, you turned back to the octopus and took your phone out of your bag to take some pictures of him.

The octopus who you decided to call Squishy had found a small crustacean to nibble on. His strong beaks making quick work of the crab before he swam off in an inky mess when a bigger fish came along.

"Bye Squishy." You called after the octopus though you doubted he could hear you or even understand you for that matter.

You turned back to Ace you had a sly smile on his face. It both startled you and made you hot in some places. One of those places being your face.

"You named him~" Ace teased, there was a playful glint in his eyes. He moved closer to you until your back was pressed against the glass of the enclosure.

"Yeah so what? Squishy is cute." You said with confidence but you could tell that your face was bright red.

Why am I blushing so hard?

I've never blushed this much before.

"Not as cute as you~" Ace cooed his face getting closer to yours. Before he could press his lips you ducked your head and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're cuter. I think I'll call you strawberry from now on." You smirked seeing Ace's cheeks take on a pink tinge.  His freckles were starting to stand out more.

"D-Don't call me that." Ace mumbled as he took a step back. He held his hand over his face trying to hide his blush from you. But you had already seen it.

"Why I like it." You grabbed Ace's hand and started leading him down another corridor. "C'mon we still have to see the sharks."

~Le Time Skip~

"I can't believe you guys went to the aquarium without me." Luffy whined while he held the leg of the dining table steady for Thatch.

"Sorry buddy but it was kind of last minute. Plus you weren't even up." Ace told his little brother. Him, Sabo and Marco were holding the table top while Thatch screwed in each table leg.

"I'm suprised you were even up." The surprise in Thatch's tone was genuine. "You donn't even get up early for school."

"That was in high school. I get up on time for college." Ace huffed, he accidentally shifted the weight of the table top, knocking Thatch in the head. "Oops sorry."

Thatch rubbed the sore spot on his head, sending Ace a glare. "You only get up on time because your college courses are in the afternoon."

"Who cares if Ace was up early. You went to the aquarium without me!" Luffy pouted he actually looked like he might cry. "And you went to that yummy pizza place too! You didn't even bring me back a slice!"

You palmed your forehead at that, Luffy seemed more upset about the food then not being brought to the aquarium.

"How about we go to the amusement park tomorrow? So we can make it up to you." You suggested, an ad for it had just popped up on your phone.

"Really!? Cool, that'll be so much fun!" Luffy's whole face lit up.

"Are you sure?" Ace asked, to him it looked like Luffy had just built tripped you into taking him somewhere fun. Which he kind of did; his pouty face was just too cute to resist.

"Yeah. I don't start work until next week  so I have nothing else to do. And like Luffy said it'll be fun." You reassured the freckled cutie.

"Is it cool if I bring my girlfriend?" Sabo asked he looked just as excited about going to the amusement park.

"Of course." You weren't about to tell Sabo that he couldn't bring his girlfriend.

Ace and his brothers continued to put furniture together for another two hours, by the time they left the downstairs of the house was fully furnished.

"So does the amusement park count as a second date?" Ace stuck around a little longer after his brothers left.

"Well I couldn't the aquarium as date so yeah tomorrow will be a date too." You leaned against the wall watching Ace getting ready to leave.

"Great." Ace smiled and pecked your forehead. "I'll see ya tomorrow."

"See ya." You watched Ace cut across your front lawn and go into the front door of his house before going back into your own.

Damn that smile.