30

Ace started school in the fall. The leaves had turned yellow, red, and orange. But still some of the summer's heat lingered around.

You were in your car on your way to pick up Ace from school. You would often pick him up after work on the days his classes ran longer.

You pulled into the parking lot of the building his classes were held in. You put your car into park and pulled out you phone. You were sat playing phone game for ten minutes until the passenger door swung open. Your freckled lover getting into the vehicle.

Ace leaned over pecking you on the lips. "Hey how was work today?"

"Pretty slow. The museum only has five pieces for the new exhibit so far, so I just called some other museums to see if we could borrow anything." You turned on your blinkers as you got into the flow of other students leaving school. "How are your classes going?"

"Eh slow today. Franky was out today so we had some fossil of a substitute." Ace sighed his eyes falling shut as he relaxed into the seat. You had met Franky before, he was friends with Luffy and a very outgoing guy. So you could see why a substitute would be boring.

"Could we swing by the sushi place for dinner?" Ace asked as he noticed you guys getting closer to the downtown area.

"Sounds perfect. I was gonna order takeout anyways." You pulled into the parking lot behind the buildings. The sushi restaurant had become one of yours and Ace's favorite places to go for dates. You two had been to the movies, and arcade for dates as well, but you both found you liked talking face to face with one another. And what better way to do that with some sushi.

You two were shown to your table eight away. It was the middle of the week so it wasn't that busy, most people were either at work or studying for school.

Your guys food came out right away, you two had been there enough that the staff already knew what you both liked. And so your food was usually served to you promptly.

Throughout the whole meal you noticed that Ace was fidgeting in his seat a lot and mostly picking at his food instead of eating it.

"Is something wrong?" You decided to ask him about his behavior.

Ace sat up straight his brown eyes focusing on you and blush rising to his cheeks.

Is he sick? That would explain why he hasn't eaten much.

"No, ah- well-" Ace stumbled over his words as reached into his bag to grab something.

Oh my God. Is he gonna pull out an engagement ring? I love you Ace, but we haven't been dating that long.

Ace produced a long red velvet box, one that's used for necklaces. He slid the box across the table towards you, you looked up at him. His brown eyes watching you shyly as he waited for you to open the box.

You turned your attention back to the box, you quickly opened it to reveal a gold chain a small heart locket in the center.

"D-Do you like it?" Ace muttered he was starting to think the necklace was a bad idea by the way you had been quiet for so long.

You gently picked the necklace in your hands, your fingers opening the locket. Inside was a picture of you and Ace dancing together at the party Pops had thrown. One of his brothers must have taken it when you weren't looking. Next to picture was the words 'I love you' engraved into the side.

"I love it. Thank you Ace." You sniffled, you brought your hand up to your face wiping the tears that were running down your face.

Ace got up from his seat and slid in next to you on your side of the booth. His arm went around your shoulders pulling you intonhis side. "Then why are you crying?"

"I'm just- I'm just so happy. N-No one's ever given me something so nice." You whispered out. Your parents had never given you gifts as a kid, they said it was a waste of money. And any past relationships you did have, your partner only gave you gifts on anniversaries or your birthday just to keep up that couple appearance.

None of those gifts ever had any meaning or thought behind them.

"I'm glad you like it." Ace brushed his fingers through your (h/c) strands, his hand grabbing a napkin to dab away at your tears. "I wanted to get you something you'd like. I was looking at promise rings, but I figured this would be better."

"Promise ring?" Your eyes widened as you stared up at the male.

"Umm, yeah. I wanted something to show you that I want to be with you always. It's still early to be proposing, so I thought maybe a promise ring would do. But I'm happy I decided on the necklace instead." Ace took the necklace from your hands and put it around your neck.

You grabbed your hand mirror from your purse to see how it looked on. You liked how the necklace hung just above your chest, it looked lovely.

"This is better then a promise ring, now I have picture with me always." You beamed up at the male, your hands pulling him into a hug.

"You're in the picture too." Ace hummed his lips going to yours. You parted your lips letting his tongue into your mouth. One of his hands went to your waist while the other cupped your cheek.

"Should we go back to yours?" Ace panted his hot breath fanning across your face.

"What about the food?" Ace hadn't eaten most of his food, and the male had gotten a lot.

"We can get it to go~"