28

You swayed gently in Ace's arms, your head resting against his chest.

The sun had set some time ago, the fairy lights were turned on and the fire pit lit, casting the backyard in a warm orange glow.

You had just just finished an intense water gun war with Lufft and his friends. You were beyond soaked after, so now you were wearing a pair of Ace's shirts and shorts. You were lucky the shorts had a draw string on them otherwise they'd be sliding down your legs right now.

"(Y/N)..." Ace mumbled into your hair, his fingers drawing small circles on your back. You tilted your head up watching the way the orange flames danced in his brown eyes.

"What is it babe?"

"I love you (Y/N)." His words took your breath away. The look of pure adoration the he held in his eyes for you told you that he wasn't just saying it for the sake of saying it. He really meant it. It both warmed your heart and scared you.

The only other person whoever said such words to you was your mother, and she ended up leaving you.

Ace took notice of the hesitation in your eyes. "You don't have to say it back just because I said. I just want you to know how I feel for you."

"I do care about you Ace, I really do. Your honestly the best person to ever walk into my life. And I don't ever want you to leave it. It's... just hard for me to see those words back." You confessed your arms going around your boyfriend's neck and pulling him down gently until his forehead rested against yours.

"I know. I don't plan on leaving you, and I don't need to hear you say it to know how you feel (Y/N)." Ace smiled at you, his hand came up and cupped your cheek as leaned in for a kiss. The kiss was gentl and soft as your two's lips melded together.

The kiss only ended when you two were swarmed with bubbles.

"You put too much soap in Luffy." Sabo scolded his younger brother. The energetic male just laughing as he jumped into the bubble wall. Sabo trying to stop the machine from spurting out any more bubbles, but it just made a weird sputtering sound before pumping out twice as many bubbles.

You let out a giggle at the mess Luffy had made, surely the food would be ruined but that wouldn't stop the young boy from eating. In the distance you could hear the dogs barking, clearly having fun playing with the bubbles.

"Should we have some fun?" Ace smirked down at you.

"Huh?"

Ace gently tapped you on the shoulder and ran off, getting lost in the bubbles. "Everyone (Y/N) is it!"

"Hey that's not fair!" You yelled running in the direction your boyfriend disappeared. All you could hear was laughter from all directions and the sound the of people running about. It would seem that everyone was now playing a game of tag.

Might as well find someone to tag.

You decided to walk around instead of running. With all the bubbles obscuring your vision, you didn't want to risk the chance of running head first into someone.

You smirked finding your unsuspecting victim, Zoro. The male was already directionally challenged and you were betting all these bubbles didn't help with that.

"Your it." You said as you tapped the greeny on the shoulder before speeding off. "Zoro is it now!"

The moss head let out a huff and started to trudge through the bubbles, looking for someone to tag.

"Bark!" You came to a stop, your pup bounding up to you. You scooped her up into your arms, earning an appreciative lick on the cheek from her. You walked around with your dogs in your arms, trying not to get tagged while looking for Ace.

"There you are." Muscular arms snaked around your waist, pulling you into strong chest. Ace getting a face full of puppy kisses from Royal. "It's good to see you too girl. Oh and by the way (Y/N)."

"Hmmm?"

"You're it!" Ace chuckled as he ran off again.

"Get back here Ace!"