21

You double checked your outfit in the mirror again. You are going out for drinks with Ace today.

You wanted to look your best for your date. You and Ace had been on two dates already, but this was your first date as a couple. You wanted to look your best.

Since you two were going to a bar you didn't want to look over dressed, but you still wanted something that would make Ace's jaw drop.

You decided on a pair of ripped mom jeans, a short sleeve black turtleneck crop top, and black heels. You were doing the finishing touches on your makeup when the door bell rang.

Royal started barking like crazy and dashed down the stairs.

"Nice to see you too Royal." You could hear Ace talking to your dog. She was probably getting a lot of pets and tummy rubs right now.

You finished putting on your lipstick then headed downstairs.

"So I was thinking we could go somewhere to eat before going to the bar. The bar food isn't that great but the drinks are amazing. What do you- wow." Ace stopped talking when he got a good look at you.

You styled yourself so well, Ace honestly didn't care what you wore, you always looked amazing to him. But the way the crop too hugged your form really emphasized your chest, but he was more interested in your stomach that was showing.

"Somewhere to eat first sounds good." You said, drawing Ace's attention back onto your face. He blushed seeing the smirk on your face; he'd been caught staring.

"Right. Food first, I know this great sushi place." Ace took your hand and led you out the door. "You look great by the way."

"Thanks. You look good too." You commented as you looked Ace over. He wore a white t-shirt, which hugged his chest nicely with a short sleeved floral button top over it, a pair of dark jeans with rips in the knees, and a pair of sneakers to go with the outfit. 

You usually drove when it was just you and Ace hanging out, but this time he'd be driving, in Marco's car since he didn't have his own. The older brother had warned him not to get a single scratch on his car or there would be hell to pay.

The sushi restaurant was located downtown where the biggest building was a shopping center. Which catered to all your needs according to a sign displayed in one of the windows. You guess it was the town's version of a mall.

Ace pulled into a small parking lot behind a row of buildings. He got out and over to your side of the car, opening the door before you could even undo your seat belt.

"Thank you." You took his hand and the two of you walked over to the sushi restaurant.

You wouldn't be able to tell it was a sushi restaurant by the store front. All the buildings in the downtown area were made of brick. The only way you could tell it was Japanese restaurant was by the Kanji on the front window.

Ace held the door open for you, he was being a perfect gentleman.

The two of you were lucky that the place wasn't very busy and were led to a booth very quickly. The outside of the building may have not looked very Japanese but the inside was.

There were oriental paintings of dragons on the wall, Japanese wind chimes by the door and windows, and flower pots of bamboo in the center of each table. Of course what caught your eyes the most was the goldfish pond in the center of the dining area. A bamboo fence surrounded it to stop people from sticking there hands in it.

"This place is lovely." You commented as you looked the place over again.

"The food is better." Ace smiled, his face already nose deep in the menu. You smiled at the sight of him and looked over your own menu.

There was everything from sushi to udon. With so many things to pick from you weren't sure if you should just get sushi or multiple items.

"Do you want to get a sushi platter to share? You can get whatever else you want." Ace suggested, most items on the menu were shareable. But he wanted to make sure you hand enough to eat, seeing as he was a glutton.

"Yeah that sounds good. Which platter do you want to get?" There were five different platters to choose from and they all sounded delicious.

After the two of you ordered, you guys got to chatting. You guys talked about Ace's classes, your new job that started in a few days, but mostly you two talked about how you wanted your relationship to go.

"So have you ever dated before?" Ace asked, he obviously knew you had experience in the bedroom but he wanted to know if you had any relationship wise.

"In high school I dated a few guys. But they usually only lasted a month or two; I wasn't very comfortable with dating with my dad around." You took a sip from your pop as you thought over the very few past relationships you had. You could count all of them on one hand. "I didn't date again until after I moved away. And it was just one relationship that didn't end so well."

"How did that go? If you don't mind me asking?"

"It's fine. I had major trust issues in college, so when I saw my then boyfriend hanging out with another girl... I kind of slept with his roommate. And it turns out the girl he was with was his  cousin." You looked off towards the wall, you felt a little awkward telling Ace this when you just got into a relationship with him.

Said male was not expecting and almost choked on his drink. You reached over and used a napkin to wipe away the pop that trickled down his chin.

"You- you wouldn't do that... to me? Would you?" Ace shyly asked, his brown eyes stared into yours with a sad puppy look.

"No, no of course not. I went to therapy after that and while it did help, I didn't feel comfortable getting into any new relationships. Hence the sleeping around." You put Ace's worries to rest.

"Thanks for sharing that with me." Ace reached across the table and took your hand in his, his thumb brushing across your knuckles. If you were planning on cheating on him you wouldn't have told him that you'd done so in the past. Hell you wouldn't have told him about your past at all if you didn't take this relationship seriously at all.

You two talked a little more until your food showed up, then the both of you were stuffing your faces full of sushi and other delicious food.