𝒳𝐿𝐼𝐼𝐼

"I could pick you up and we can go somewhere if you want." Louis says smiling while he pulls at the zipper of my jacket nervously.
He zips my jacket up to the top and I swoon at his action.
A grin stretches out on my lips and my cheeks flare up.
"My dads home tonight so I don't think that's a good idea. But I'd still like to do something." I tell him honestly maybe I can sneak out.
He nods and grins happily as his cheeks get a rosy tint.
Euphoria streams in my veins and it's been in my body for the past few weeks.

Since the museum trip Louis and I try to let it go easy and he's really careful to move at my pace.
The tension is almost unbearable and even though I said I wanted to go slow I'm going to explode sometime.
We didn't kiss another time and every time we get close to it he takes a step back.
It's always this little dance around each other.
Talking in the breaks our hands touching but not holding each other. Stealing glances in class or writing messages through the phone.

As cliche as it sounds I'm crushing badly on Louis Partridge and I'm sure that I can't and won't do anything about it.
"Okay cool. We could hang out at mines if you want to?" He asks me his eyes still on the zipper of my jacket.
I nod and smile.
The bell rings to dedicate for the students that the break is over.
Louis swipes a strand of my hair behind my ear and waves me bye.
I bite my lip to stop the grin forming on it but it's no use.
I turn around and gasp when I walk into someone.

"Come on smiley we need to get to class." Nick says and he laughs at my facial expression.
"Did you watch me?"
"Sure I waited for Prince Charming to disappear."
"Don't call him that." I say shaking my head.
He gives me an apologetic smile while we walk over to our next class.
"Sorry you know I'm just joking right?" He says and I nod and nudge his shoulder lightly with mine to tell him it's okay.
"Let's get to class." I say and he nods putting his arm around my shoulders.

⋆ ✯            ✩ . ⋆
⋆ * ✯ *         ✧ ⋆ *            ✯* ⋆         ⋆ ✯

"Hey. How was school sweetheart." My dad says when I walk in the house putting my keys on the living room table. His head is over a stack of papers a concentrated look on his face.
"It was good I got an A in English." I tell him while I pull of my wet jacket and hang it on the rack.
I walk towards the kitchen to get me something to drink and while I walk I try to detect the mood my dad's in.
Since he's back everything went thankfully good which makes me really suspicious.
"Will you bring me a beer?" He asks me and I open the fridge grabbing a beer opening it up for him and filling a glass of water for me.

I finally want to address the topic of my art class because I really want to join it again and I want my sketchbook back from Louis.
I don't dare to bring it home until dad says I can draw again.
My grades are amazing and I will keep them up forever if that's the condition for me to draw again.
"Dad?" I ask hesitantly before I sit the beer down beside him and take a place on a chair.
"Hmm?" He asks me his eyes staying on the papers while he grabs the beer bottle.
"You know how we talked about me getting better in school..so I have straight A's and I just-" I don't get to say more because he looks up at me and I immediately shut up.
I hold on my breath because I don't know what he's going to do but he just interrupts me softly.

"I know and I'm very proud of you you know that?"his words make my heart swell happily and I nod giving him a smile.
I push my sleeves down under the table and try to think of how I can ask him.
His eyes wander back to his papers and I let out a small breath.
"I know that's why I just wanted to ask if I could have my art stuff back?" I say quietly and his head snaps back up.
Oh god.
I gulp and try to do some damage control.
"I mean just if it's okay for you if not that's totally okay as well. I was just wondering because I really put some effort into school work and.." I slowly trail off when I hold eye contact with him. I have the feeling that the more I say the worse it gets.

My eyes well up with tears because I'm scared at the look he's giving me.
"I'm sorry." I tell him and he sighs sitting back against the chair.
"Why are you crying?" He asks me crossing his arms.
"I'm..I'm not." I say brushing the tears from my cheek but the sniff I let out automatically betrays me.
"Oh Melody you already know that crying won't get you anywhere in life." He says and I nod looking at my feet. He told me this a million time but I can't stop myself.
I shouldn't have asked him.

"Come here." He says and stands up opening his arms for me.
I let out a small sob and let the tears flow as I let my dad hug me.
"I just love drawing so much dad really it means so much to me." I tell him desperately.
He puts one arm around me caressing the top of my head with his other hand.
"I know Mels I know. But sometimes you think something is good for you and you can't live without it but it's not true. You're still young so you don't know what's good for you." He says still stroking my hair.

I continue to cry in his shirt because he won't ever get it.
He'll never let me be happy and I don't know why I expected him to be different.
He's so scared of change and loosing people that he wants everyone close to him to be safe even though it means they're unhappy.
"I don't ever want you to do art again. Do you understand that?" He asks me and I nod looking up at him.
"I know I promise I won't do it."
Lie.