𝐿𝒳𝐼𝐼

Melody's POV

I'm stalling I know that.
But after what I said to Louis yesterday I'm scared to even face him.
I woke up this morning in his arms and realized it was probably the first time for a while that I slept well.
I knew I was safe in his arms and even though I know I acted wrong and should've accepted his help earlier I'm still scared.

Louis is just a child as I am. I don't think we can get through this alone.
How can two teenagers possibly go against a grown man who probably has more connections than I could even imagine.
With staying by Louis side I'm going to drag him into the hole I'm already laying in for weeks.

But as egoistic as it sounds I can't leave him. Not again.
I'm physically not able to leave him and his safety again.
I put him through so much that I owe him and mostly myself to stand up.
To stand up and fight, even though it's always harder to fight, it's worth it.

I need to go against my own father who raised me for years and told me what was wrong and right.
Who told me about life but it was all wrong it was a lie.
I'm deciding to live at my own rules which look pretty different than his.
And even though it feels good to finally get out of his claws there's a small shimmering piece of doubt in my heart.

Which I think is normal. Even though he did all of this to me I love him in a weird fucked up way.
Which doesn't mean I don't see what he did was wrong.
It was in all kind of ways that's why I'm going to put an end to it with Louis by my side.

I splash some cold water against my face and dry it before finally leaving the bathroom to walk back into his bedroom.
I probably was over twenty minutes inside it but I needed a bit space and time to realize what really happened and what consequences come with it.

The house is still quiet and I guess the others are still sleeping which makes me tip toe back to Louis' room.
When I slip back into his room the sun is at a point we're it shines through his window and when I look to his bed I see him stretched out his eyes still closed as the golden light kisses his skin.
My fingers itch because I have the sudden motivation to draw him in this position but I don't have any paper with me.

I decide to watch him for another minute admiring the soft shadows created on his high cheeks by his black lashes.
"Are you going to stare at me from over the room for hours?" He suddenly speaks up making me jump before he opens his eyes.
Soft brown catch my eyes and a gentle smile stretches onto his lips.

I push my sleeves down subconsciously not moving and his eyes catch onto the movement as he sits up.
"Come here." He says but still opens his palm to let me choose if I want to get back in bed with him or not.
I take slow steps forward and he holds the duvet up so I can slip under it.
He tucks me in carefully before he props his arm up to lay his head against his hand staring down at me.
I turn my body towards him so I can watch him as well.
The sunlight creates a comfortable warmth and I sigh not knowing what to say.
It seems like I don't have to because Louis speaks up a second later.

"For a moment I was scared when I didn't see you beside me. But I should know better after what you said last night." He says and the look in his eyes is so raw and honest that my cheeks heat up immediately.
Even though everything seems to be fucked up right now I enjoy this moment with him alone and private.
"I meant everything I said." I say looking down because his eyes are so intense that it makes my heart jump happily.

"I hope so. Because I don't think I could ever live without you again." He says as he lays down.
His finger softly pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"You don't have to." I tell him looking up again to see a grin on his lips.
He traces my features with his fingers softly and who would've known that a small grin could be the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.