𝒳𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

"What happened to your hand?" Millie asks as she drops her things on the table beside me while I concentrate on my canvas.
I tried to dodge her and Louis for the past 2 days at school and was really lucky but it's as if I knew that she's going to sit beside me in art class again.
At least Louis didn't try to talk to me again it makes the whole situation a lot easier.
Maybe if I ignore him long enough he will forget about me and focus on the girls who are drooling after him again.

"I fell. At the party on Friday." I tell her stopping my painting and looking over at her.
She gasps when she sees the other side of my cheek and I cringe because I know she'd react that way.
"Oh no I'm so sorry. I knew I should've stayed with you." She tells me her eyes filling with guilt. I quickly shake my head no because she doesn't need to feel bad.
"It's not your fault really it doesn't even hurt anymore my skin is sensitive and it bruises at the smallest things."
Yeah at the contact of a fist.

"But still I feel bad. I didn't even see you at the party afterwards. How long were you staying?"

"Not really long I needed to go pretty early..because Nick needed help with his little brother." She nods and starts to continue her painting. I'm glad she has a distraction now because even though I need to lie pretty often I'm not really good at it.
"Louis told me you talked to him for a while." She says nonchalantly and I stiffen up because I see her eyes glancing at my reaction.
"Uh Yeah I guess, I didn't know much people." I say diverting my eyes back to my canvas shrugging my shoulders.

"You like him?" She asks me and she makes it pretty obvious that she's dying on an answer.
I put down my brush and sigh frustrated.
I turn to her and wait for her to look at me.
"Is this his new tactic? To let you ask me everything he wants to ask me? Are you going to set us up?" I ask her defensively making her cheeks blush.
Honest embarrassment shows on her face and I instantly feel bad for my rudeness because it isn't her fault that I'm irritated. The painkillers are wearing off and I'm not totally healed yet.
I grab my brush again and start to paint because I'm embarrassed for my behavior.

"I'm sorry." I mumble quietly and see her smile at the corner of my eye.
"I asked you because I wanted to. Louis didn't push me, promise." She tells me and makes me feel even more bad.
I let out a breath and squint my eyes closed.
The pulse in my ears gets louder and I push my sleeves down nervously.
"The truth is that I don't get him." I say and she turns to me putting her brush down.
Her eyes widen surprised that I'm still talking about him.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that he didn't know me before I met him in the library it was just a coincidence. If it didn't happen he'd never look at me twice. Just because I'm not drooling after him it doesn't give him the right to decide that I want to spend my time with him, it's not that big of a deal that he played in a stupid movie, no offense." I tell her honestly.

"What if it wasn't a coincidence?" She asks me tilting her head and confusing me.
"What would it be then?" She shrugs her shoulders at my question.
"Maybe it was fate that you two met at the library. 
Fate? Is she being serious?
"Don't look at me like I am crazy don't you believe in fate?"
If I would why would my fate be to live with my father?
I shake my head no at her question.
She rolls her eyes and smiles at me kindly.

"Do you wanna know what Louis did after he saw you in the library?"

"No I don't but I'm sure you're going to enlighten me anyways." She chuckles at my comment.

"He called me immediately and told me that he saw the most beautiful looking girl and thinks she's his soulmate."
I roll my eyes at her words because I know she's exaggerating.
"Wow so it's just my appearance-" she holds up her finger stopping me from finishing my sentence. My brows lift up and my eyes widen at her eagerness.
"'She had such a beautiful aura, it was enhancing her whole frame and she looked so kind and natural it blew me away. I was pulled towards her naturally and her eyes looked like the pools of green grass moving in the soft summer wind.' That's what he said." My lips part in surprise as her words jumble all over each other in my mind.
She grabs her things and I just notice now that everyone is packing up because class is over.