𝐼𝐼

I let out a huff when I drop my pencil case and my books onto the small wooden desk.
"Oh man, I hoped you'd be back to normal today." Nick sighs as I plop down on my seat beside him.
His sentence makes me smile as I turn to him.
"I am better then yesterday, you know I'm sorry right?" He smiles at me and nods.
It's always this easy with Nick. He never holds a grudge or lets you beg for forgiveness.

"I see why you are in such a good mood." He nods towards my hands and my eyes go wide as I quickly push down my sleeves. My eyes follow his and I let out a quiet breath when I see that he means the book laying on my papers.
"Uh yeah it's my own I usually don't take it out-"

"Because you're too scared that it gets lost." He finishes my sentence nodding his head along.
I give him a tight lipped smile and grab the book as if I could protect it from the whole world. As cliche as it sounds it's the only thing that I got from my mom and when I read it it feels like I get to know her.

The class fills with the rest of students and they're lastly followed by Mrs. Cowill entering class.
"Settle down class and get your books out. Today we're going to start with page 240." She can't say more because the door to the classroom swings open and the handle crashes against the yellow walls of the room.
All eyes are set on the person who's too late and the sudden silence gets swapped with low murmurs as Louis Partridge makes his way to his seat quickly.
"Mister Partridge how lovely of you to join our class today." She says sarcastically.
"Sorry Mrs. Cowill I overslept." He tells her pulling his books out onto the desk and my eyes widen when I see the familiar cover of a book.

So he lend the book anyways? Even though he told his friends he didn't find it? Definitely weird.
Mrs. Cowills disapproving look turns into a satisfied smile when she recognizes the book on his desk.
"Well well let's go on. Stop the murmuring everyone." She scolds us but I tune out her next words as I stare at Louis who notices the book and quickly pulls it back into his bag.
I notice Millie beside him laughing quietly and nudging his shoulder, as she tells him something.

His head turns sharply at her words and his eyes meet mine in an instant.
My cheeks heat up and I focus on the page in front of me letting my hair fall over my shoulder to give me some sort of shield.
I glance up to look back at him and to my surprise his eyes are still on me and I look back at my book.
What the hell is wrong with me?
I shake my head at my silly behavior.
He looked surprised when he saw me first but it turned into..something like hope? Why am I even analyzing him, I shouldn't waste my time like this.

The rest of class goes by quickly and uneventful until Nick nudges my arm beside him.
"I'm trying to concentrate Nick." I tell him not looking up because for the last twenty minutes I was trying to solve this question on my sheet.
"The lessons going to be over in two minutes anyways. Can you tell me why both Millie and Louis are staring at us?"

"Who is Louis-" I want to ask him when I look up and follow his eyes.
Oh, this Louis.
His deep eyes are staring at me as he gives me a small smile.
Millie waves at me beside him and I give her an awkward smile in return.
What the hell is going on?

"Did she just wave at you?" Nick asks confused and I move my eyes from them to him.
"Yeah I think so." I tell him and he looks surprised.
I can't blame him we don't have anything to do with the more "popular" kids at our school.
The bell rings and stops Nick from saying what he was about to say.
"Class is dismissed." Mrs Cowill says and I push my papers together and shove them into my bag.

Nick stands up and leaves my desk giving me a smile.
"See you at lunch." He says and I nod waving him goodbye.
"Oh and good luck." He yells after me and I furrow my brows confused.
"Good luck with wha-"

"Hey library girl." Someone speaks up behind me and I turn around surprised banging my knee against the desk.
I bite my lip at the pulsing pain but keep my mouth shut.
"You okay?" Louis eyes widen as he takes a step forward.
I nod and grab my bag from my chair.
"Yes. Sorry I need to get to my next class." I rush out and leave the class room.

"Hey wait!" I turn around to see him dodging a few students before he reaches me in the hall and I curse myself for not walking faster.
I keep walking and he holds up with my pace glancing down at me.
"I didn't know we were going to the same school." He states and I don't look up at him because what should I answer at that? I know that he didn't know because people like him don't interact with people like me.

"You're not much of a talker." He says and I sigh looking up at him.
His soft smile catches me off guard and I blink up at him.
His smile widens as he dodges someone walking past him.
"What do you want Partridge?" I ask him now frustrated because I don't understand the whole point of this conversation.
His eyes widen for a second when I speak his name but he controls his face quickly afterward.

"I don't know I just wanted to talk to you I guess. I was just surprised that we're in the same class because I surely would've noticed you but I obviously didn't.
But that's not what I wanted to say actually-" I tune out his voice when I see the room for art class and I sigh and stop at the door frame.

He stops talking and looks at me towering over me.
His face looks stressed out and he puts one hand against the door frame to prop himself up.
I tilt my head at him and clutch the books to my chest.
"Why did Mrs. Cowill tell you to read Alice in wonderland? It's not part of the curiculum." He furrows his brows at my sentence.

"I don't know actually.." he trails off looking at the floor.
The bell rings for next lesson and I duck under his arm to get into class.
"Hey wait! I wanted to ask you something." He stops me and I turn around. His eyes catch onto the students getting into class.
"Hey Louis." Two blonde girls greet him as they walk by and he gives them a smile.
How charming. Note the sarcasm.

I sigh and get into the back of the room sitting down.
While I pull my pencil case out I see Louis staring at me and I'm almost sorry because the sad look he's giving me is really convincing.
A boy catches his attention when he slaps his back and drags him out into the hall, probably getting to class.

I sigh and wait for the teacher to arrive and start this lesson, banning Louis Partridge from my mind.