𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

"Why did Louis Partridge just invite me to his party tomorrow?" Nick rushes over to me and sits down out of breath.
I chuckle at his bewildered face and shrug my shoulders.
"I guess he wanted you to be there."

"You're a bad liar Mel." He says and shakes his head while he pulls out his stuff for the upcoming lesson.
Milli and Louis walk in the classroom and his gaze catches mine instantly as he waves me hello.
I give him a small smile back my cheeks blushing involuntarily.
"Oh my god he invited me because of you." He almost yells and I grab his wirst shushing him.

"Sorry." He says sheepishly chuckling.
"Maybe he did invite me as well." I tell him and shrug my shoulders to act nonchalant.
"What did happen this week I didn't even see you once. It seems like a lot happened between you and him." He whispers now and I look over his shoulder to see Louis' eyes trained on us from the other side of the classroom.
"Nothing happened." I tell Nick my eyes still on Louis.
"Yes sure bullshit. You two can't keep your eyes to yourself." At his sentence I quickly look at him accusingly. He lifts his brows as if to tell me 'you see'.

"Quiet students I want to start class. I know this is the last lesson before the weekend starts but I want you all fully concentrated still." Mrs Cowill says when she steps into class dropping a big amount of papers on her desk.
The whole class groans in unison making Nick chuckle.
Mrs Cowill goes on but I tune her out when Nick nudges my shoulder and lowers his head to whisper something.

"You like him don't you? Something certainly happened because it looks like your glowing and taking off any minute." He tells me and I roll my eyes playing it down.
"I gave him a chance like you told me to. We're friends nothing more I'll tell you if something like that happens promise." He pouts at my words and holds out his pinky.
I wrap my small finger around his and smile when he winks at me.

"You're going to fall in love with him eventually it's inevitable. And I'm going to be the one who said it first." He says and leans back on his chair his attention diverting to the teacher.
I roll my eyes but on instinct they wander to the back of the classroom to see Louis still looking at me.
I quickly look back to my paper and start to pay attention.

⋆ ✯ ✩ . ⋆
⋆ * ✯ * ✧ ⋆ * ✯* ⋆ ⋆ ✯

"Hey." Someone catches up to me in the hall making me look up.
"Hey." I smile softly at Louis.
Every student is rushing out of the building making their way home excited for the weekend.
Nick has soccer practice that's why I have to walk home today and as if he wished for it Louis caught up to me after our last class.
"So you coming tomorrow?" He asks me his voice wavering a bit while he pushes his hands into his jeans.

"Yeah I think I can make it. Should I bring something?" I ask him making him chuckle.
"You don't need to bring anything it is my party and you are a guest." He tells me and I shrug my shoulders.
"Alright." We walk towards the double doors and he opens the door for me.
"Thanks."
A smile stays on my lips while we walk down the steps in sync.
"You seem to be in a good mood." Louis states and I look up surprised.

"I am?"

"Yes. Did something happen?" He asks me curious.
I contemplate to tell him that my dads away but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
It gets a bit more quiet when we step down the street and most of the students go the other way to catch the train.
I fumble with the strap of my bag and look at the wet ground beneath my black shoes.
"My dad's away." I say quietly and his brows raise.

"He's rarely away and when it's the case it's just for a few days. It's relaxing to be on your own sometimes you know." I look at him and he looks at me confused.
"If you say so." He says shrugging his shoulders. His eyes don't leave me and it seems like he's trying to analyze me.
His gaze is making me nervous and I push down my sleeves absently.
"How are Issie and Millie?" I ask him looking at the way in front of us to distract him.