𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

"Bloody hell." I curse when a drop of paint falls from my brush against the canvas where it's not supposed to be.
I quickly grab the wet cloth from beside me and try to get as much paint away as I can.
I sigh frustrated because I can't get everything off, I need to paint over it when it's dry.
Someone pulls the chair beside me and I cringe at the creaking sound.

"Hey do you mind if I sit here?" Millie looks down at me smiling and I nod.
I concentrate back on my canvas but still hear her pulling out her things and getting on to her own painting.
Why did she want to sit beside me?
"I saw your pictures from Paris they were really nice. How was it?" I look surprised up that she decided to speak up again.
Her eyes are focused on her painting but when I don't answer her question for a minute she looks up wondering.

I clear my throat awkwardly and look back at my painting answering her.
"It was great I always like to spend time with my brother but the weather wasn't so pleasant. That's nothing new I'm used to rain." I tell her shrugging my shoulders.
"You miss him very much." She states and not asks and I look up confused.
She gives me a soft smile.
"Who do I miss?"

"Your Brother of course!" She says and a sad smile makes it's way onto my lips as I nod.
"Yeah I do but I don't want to be selfish and let him be trapped in England just because of me." I say and she nods as if she just confirmed something.
"Do you have any other siblings?"
What's with the asking?
I mean don't get me wrong Millie is really friendly but she never made the effort to talk to me besides doing some project together.

"No it's just Timmy." I tell her.
I grab the cloth again and clean my brush because I need to use a different color.
"That's so lonely..I could never imagine a life without my siblings." She tells me giving me an empathetic smile. I give her a tight smile as well because she doesn't know how lonely it really gets.

I'm glad that she's not making a big deal out of it that Timmy is my brother.
If one of the other girls would've asked me I wouldn't be so open about it.
The media knows about me being his half sister but after they noticed that I wasn't really interesting and serving them any drama they stopped writing about me or following me around the streets.
That was really creepy let me tell you.

"Soo..there's a party on Friday." Millie states and I nod my head listening to her just with one ear as my eyes focus on what I'm painting.
"I just wondered if you'd like to come?" My brush drags down on the canvas in the wrong place but I'm too surprised to care as I look up at her.
"What?" She chuckles at my bewildered face and picks up my white cloth cleaning the color of my canvas that I spilled.

My eyes widen more at her action as she finishes and puts the cloth back down.
"I don't know if you know Anna? She's a friend of mine and she's throwing a party because of her birthday. She told me to bring someone and I thought maybe you'd be free?" Her eyes sparkle and I tilt my head because it seems like she's planning something in her mind.
I push down my sleeve automatically and think for a moment.
"Uhm I have to ask my dad if I can come, I could write you if I can or not." I tell her smiling.

Her invitation makes my heart warm a bit because she seems to genuinely like me and that doesn't happen often.
"Great! If you don't want to come alone you can bring your friend if he's not busy." I nod my head and have to grin because Nick would never pass the opportunity to go to a party of the popular students.
"I'll ask him." She smiles even more now and starts to pack her things up as the bell rings.

Everyone leaves class hurriedly because they can't wait to get home. I slowly grab my brushes and make my way over to the sink to clean them very slowly and drag out any minute I can.
Because there is nothing for me to be eager about going home.
"I'll see you on Friday hopefully." Millie says and shoulders her bag.
"Yes." I say quietly and for the first time today I smile genuinely at her.
Someone steps up in the doorframe and greets Millie.

"Thought you were going to take forever." Louis speaks and she rolls her eyes pushing his shoulder.
"I was talking to Melody." She says nodding her head over to me.
His brown eyes follow her movement and his smile turns down when his eyes catch mine.
I awkwardly wave at him and he gives me a stiff nod.
Millie laughs and pushes him out the door while his eyes don't leave mine until they're out of my sight.
"You're a loser." I hear her voice but I don't catch his answer because they probably left the building.

I sigh and enjoy the quietness. It never gets quiet in school until everyone left and the halls are wandered by the wind howling sadly.
I close the door to the classroom and push my sleeves up turning the water on in the sink to clean my brushes.
This is going to take a while and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.