𝐿𝐼𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

Louis' POV

"You're joking right?" Timothée asks me a bewildered look on his face.
I'm talking to him for an hour straight now over face time and he still won't listen to me.
"Something is wrong really. She's acting so strange and I mean not her normal strange but strange strange." I press but he just shakes his head.
A week passed and Melody is still avoiding me treating me like I'm contaminated air.
"Louis I like you really but I told you about her. She doesn't let people get close to her."

"Timothée she let me in I swear. I would understand it if she would just tell me she doesn't want me anymore.
But she told me that everything was fake and it wasn't, okay? It's not Melodys thing to do something like this. It was real. I..I love her and I know she loved me too." I end frustratedly because I already can see the empathetic look on his face.
I sigh and look down at my hands because I already know what's coming next.

"Maybe you should let her go Louis. I can call her if you want but it will just prove that she's okay." I sigh because I know I won't get anywhere with this.
"Yeah sure why not. I gotta go now see you." I say and he smiles before I hang up the call.
I let myself fall on my bed staring up at the white ceiling.
Maybe Timothée is right and Melody is fine. I'm interpreting too much into it and maybe that's how she really is.
She was rejecting me in the beginning as well maybe she just said yes to all of this to get rid of me.
But how can someone fake all of this?
I thought we were connected but maybe I was too blind wearing pink glasses because of my crush.

My eyes start to sting and I squeeze them close trying to get rid of the tight feeling around my throat.
"Louis?" Someone knocks against my door and I let out a choked breath putting my arm over my eyes as Issie steps into my room.
I don't want her to see that I'm feeling bad again she worried enough the past week.
It just feels like there's a big hole in my chest reminding me of her absence and as crazy as it sounds but it feels like she took a part of me when she left.

"Hey.." she says and I slowly slide my arm off my eyes to see her looking down at me.
She sits down at the side of my bed and I have to let out a humorless laugh at her expression.
"I'm fine you don't need to look at me like that." I tell her and she bites her lip guilty that I read her thoughts.
She sighs and starts to lay down beside me looking at the ceiling.
"What happened?" She asks me and I gulp because I know this was going to happen sooner or later.
"It's not important." I try my way out of it but she won't take my bullshit and scoffs.

"Something must have happened Melody would never just leave without you doing something really bad." She says and her words make a small amount of hope glimmer deep down inside me that I try to push away.
Issie believes that Melody had feelings for me which makes me hope that it's true.
"I didn't do anything okay? She said she didn't have feelings for me and she told me from the beginning that this wouldn't have a future. We're too different." I lamely excuse trying to sound as nonchalant as possible as if not every word would leave a bad after taste on my tongue.

"Bullshit." Issie says giving me an obvious look.
"Every idiot saw she was into you Louis and if you really believe what you're saying than you're an idiot as well."
I angrily cross my arms over my chest.
What does she think I should do? If Melody doesn't want to see me anymore I can't do anything about it, even Timothée thinks this is totally normal.
"What do you want me to do? She doesn't want to see me." I say quietly tired of this discussion it has no point.

She suddenly sits up looking at me sternly.
"The Louis I know would make an effort just like you did in the beginning and fight for her. Go straight up to her and tell her what you feel! You can't just give up and do nothing do you think messages or calls work? Obviously not and it sounds like she's going through something I didn't talk to her that often but I know she's a kind girl but she would never ask for help." She finishes before taking a deep breath and I'm surprised at her fighting spirit.

I sit up as well but the motivation she streams off doesn't reach me.
"What..what if I fight and she still doesn't want me?" I ask quietly into the room looking at my sheets. I don't want to go through that same ache again even if it never left I kinda learned to live with it.
But if I have hope now and she rejects me all over again I don't know if my heart can take it.
"I know that you're scared but is this situation you're currently in any better?" She asks me and I look up at her shaking my head no.
I know she's right but this whole situation completely overwhelms me.
I mean I'm not an adult I don't know to handle these things either even though I often pretend like I know everything.

"It's not. But what if it's better for her?" I speak up scared for the answer.
Maybe I am not good for her and maybe she realized it.
"How could anyone be better without the person who cares and loves them?" Issie asks and I sigh frustrated letting my head drop in my neck.
I close my eyes stressed when I feel her weight lifting of the mattress.
"I'm just telling you what I think. In the end you need to do what you think is right. As cheesy as it sounds listen to your heart." She shrugs her shoulders and leaves my room quietly.

I huff out a breath and let myself fall on my back again.
How is this going to help me now?
I close my eyes and let myself drift off into memories.
I see Melody in front of me the first day we met in the library. Her fingers grazing mine as we grab for the same book.

Melody laying in the grass at the lake drawing Timothée and I.

My birthday party where we played seven minutes in heaven.

Paris laying in a small layer of snow, Melody dancing around her nose and cheeks rosy from the cold.

My thoughts continue to wander until the sun goes down and my room is hugged by the cold light of the moon shining through my window.
With every memory I remember, a small amount of determination builds inside of my mind and when I remember her Christmas gift I stand up from my bed.
Issie is right I'm a coward if I don't try anything.
I walk over to my closet and grab my jacket just when my phone rings with a notification.

I walk over to my phone furrowing my brows in confusion.
Who could text me this late.
My heart stops for a second when I see the ID before it starts to race.
'Louis?'
Is the only thing the message says and I hear some alarm bells ring in my head at Melodys message.
I click on her name dialing her number my hands trembling.
She picks up after the first ring and I hear her heavy breathing through the speaker.

"Melody? Is everything okay?" I ask and my voice comes out more panicked than I thought.
Maybe she'll tell me that this is all a joke and that she loves me.
"Louis?" She whispers and I furrow my brows.
"Why are you whispering?" I ask her before I hear her sniffle.
Is she crying?
"What is wrong? Where are you?" I ask alarmed and I put on my jacket as I try to walk down the steps quietly.
I put on my shoes in case she needs me to pick her up from somewhere.

"Can you..can you come to my house?" She asks me and now I hear that she's full on crying but tries to stay quiet.
I slip through the front door and start to jog trying to reach her house as fast as possible.
"I'm already on my way don't hang up okay? Stay on the phone." I tell her trying to let my voice sound calm even though I'm freaking out.
I'm worried sick about her even if I don't know what happened.

"Okay I'm still h-here.. I did something terrible." She sobs out and my heart squeezes tightly at her cries.
I don't care what she did the only priority I have in mind right now is to get to her and make sure she's safe.
My lungs burn and my sides start to sting but I push through the pain and after fifteen minutes of sprinting her house comes into view.
She stayed on the call but didn't say anything her breathing coming uncontrolled through the phone.
"I'm here." I tell her trying to catch my breath.
"Walk around the house and get in through the small window on the left..it's my room." She says and hangs up before I can answer her.
I round the house my heavy breathing is the only thing I can hear over the blood pulsing in my ears.

When I notice the opened window I take a deep breath and get ready for whatever is going to meet me in that house.