𝐿𝐼𝐼𝐼

Louis' POV

Time passes different depending on your situation. One second you're happy, enjoying your time not feeling the vibration of something bad about to happen the next second. I surely didn't see it coming neither did anyone I guess. Isn't it ironic how everyone is making up New Years revelations thinking that they're going to be a new person just because they think something is starting over. Everyone gets a weird feeling at the sight of fireworks thinking that everything is going to get better and if you asked me maybe one week ago I would be that kind of person as well.

I enjoyed New Years in the past I liked to spend time with my family, playing board games counting the minutes until the new year starts promising a fresh start and new adventures.
Now I'm sitting on our front porch looking at the dark sky of London a few minutes until midnight. My mom and dad are standing at our front yard happy smiles on their faces while they talk to our neighbors.
Millie is already preparing our firework rockets as she puts them carefully into the glass bottles.
The sky in London is so different than in Paris. You can't see the stars like you could there and even though the temperatures are the same it seems much colder here.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm sitting alone replaying Christmas Eve over and over in my head.
"Hey." Issie steps out of the house warm jacket wrapped around her shoulders while she sits down beside me.
She didn't ask me why I came back earlier just like I expected her not to.
My silence said enough but I still can see the questions in her eyes.
The same questions my parents asked me when I stood in front of the door a day after Christmas.
I give her a tight lipped smile while she pushes her shoulder against mine gently.

"Not going to help Millie?" She asks and I shake my head looking down at my hands. I'm holding her book in my hands as if it would give me the answers to my questions. As if it could fix everything that happened.
Timothée said she is fine and that she'd spend New Years with her dad. That's the only thing holding me off from going to her and asking her what's wrong.
35 messages and 20 calls she didn't answer anything and I lost hope that she will just turn up at my house and tell me that everything was a dream.
"You're not going to tell us what happened aren't you?" Issie whispers beside me making me sigh as my heart clenches.

"It's okay. Just know that I'm here if you want to talk." She says putting her hand in mine squeezing it lightly. I give her a thankful smile but I don't think that she can help me with this.
She gives me a smile back before standing up and rushing over to help Millie with the fireworks.
Millie chuckles while Issie slips on the iced ground on her way towards her.
My parents watch them laughing as well as suddenly the dark sky is filled with colorful lights.

Our rackets make the familiar loud sound before shooting into the sky disappearing before exploding into beautiful patterns.
"Happy new year Louis." I mumble to myself pathetically because no one else will.
How could this year start so amazingly going on happily and end in a bloody disaster?
I grab my phone out of my jeans and open Melody and I's chat. Every message is read by her but she never answered.
I type in a message for her even though I know she won't answer but I want her to know that I think of her and that I will never stop thinking about her.

Timothée warned me about her he told me that she just lets people in until a certain point. I was foolish enough to think that I was different that she was really with me all of her. Instead of accepting that she just wasn't that into me I let her grasp my heart and pull into her soul making me fall in love with her in an instant.
I put the book down placing my phone on it before standing up and walking over to my family.

My mom notices me approaching as she holds her arm out for me giving me a hug.
"Happy new year darling." She says kissing my hair.
I close my eyes soaking up every ounce of love my still heart can get as I hug her back.
"Happy new year mom." I whisper.
She looks at me with her wise eyes as she pushes a strand of my hair out of my face.
"Whatever happened it's going to be fine. Sometimes life gives us challenges just to let us notice that we should appreciate things more." I give her a sad smile while our eyes move to Issie and Millie fooling around in the front yard.
"I hope you're right. Because I appreciated what I got in life very much but something took it from me anyways." I say an image of Melody's face flashing in front of my eyes.