𝒳𝒳𝒳

I stand up slowly from his bed walking over to a dark dresser with messy papers all over it.
Some drawers are just half closed and when I first saw his room I was surprised. It has so much character of him and it's like I'm invading his space.
I let my fingers trace the dark wood while I look at the framed pictures.
Louis looks up from his writing and watches me.

A certain picture catches my eyes and I pick the frame up to see Louis a little bit younger with a young girl on his one and a bit older girl at his other side.
"Your Sisters?" I ask him and he stands up to walk over to me.
"Uhh yes this is Millie and Issie." He says sheepishly.
Since I've been at his home he's more careful around me and hesitant.
It's as if this is more real now that we're at his home and I can understand him, a certain tension and awareness of each other lays in the room.

"You three look different and alike at the same time." I voice my thoughts when I look at the picture.
They look so happy together.
I wish I had a picture like this with my dad.
"They'd really like you you know?" His words surprise me and I look up at him.
"How are you so sure?"

"How could I not be? I like you you're a quiet person who doesn't say much but I know that you could say very much. You view things differently I like that." His words surprise me even more. My dad always told me I talk to much nonsense.
When I was a kid I was really curious and I tried to ask as much as I could but my dad would get really angry and violent.
I realized the less I talked the more friendly my father was.

"What do you mean with I view things differently?" How can he know how I view things when I try to hide my thoughts all the time.
"It's easier to understand your feelings and motives when I look at your sketches and your paintings. For example the one you drew of me and your brother. I thought you did ignore us at the day by the lake. You seemed distant like you wanted to be alone but then you told me you wanted to capture the moment. You drew it so beautifully like you could really see the emotions of us but as well of you. You like that I get along with your brother you enjoyed the day even if I thought at first you didn't want me with you."

My eyes widen at his rant.
My cheeks redden when I realize that he felt my distaste in the beginning. I really wanted a day with just Timothée and I but at the end it still was a good day maybe even better than when it would be just us two.
"I'm really thankful that I could spend the day with you two by the way." He tells me and scratches his neck nervously making me smile softly.
"You're far more observant than I expected you to be Louis Partridge." I say and put the picture back down so I won't have to look him in the eyes.

I'm impressed. Impressed that he just figured this all out by a small drawing.
"I liked the drawing of us two as well." He tells me and I sit back down on his bed him following me.
This time he sits much closer to me our knees almost touching.
The air around us shifts and I try to find a comfortable position to sit in.
"Usually I don't like to share my emotions but I already told you on that day that I'm glad we're friends." My mouth form the words but my heart screams at me to tell him something different, to tell him more.
He gives me a small encouraging smile
and his eyes begin to shine.

My eyes wander off because I'm intimidated by his eyes I'm always scared that he's going to look through me.
My eyes catch a small black book hidden behind some books and my heart warms up.
"I trust you Louis and believe me when I say that I can count on one hand how much people I trust in my life. I did you wrong and I am sorry for blocking you off in the beginning." His smile widens and his hand twitches at his side.

I bite my lip unsure but another look at my sketchbook well hidden for intrusive eyes in his shelf I hesitantly hold out my hand on the bed our finger tips touching.
A small bolt erupts from his fingers and walks over my hand into my arm.
He lets out a small breath and I now that he won't move his hand.
He's careful around me and it's making me even more nervous.
I'm not the type to move first but I'm grateful that he's respecting that I take things slow.
"What I'm trying to say is-" I don't get to finish my sentence when suddenly his bedroom door opens.

I quickly pull my hand back as we both straighten up and turn our hands to see a middle aged women with a surprised look on our face.
"Oh Hello." She breathes out and after her shock a kind smile makes it's way onto her lips.
I quickly stand up and wring my hands in each other.
"Mrs. Partridge hello I'm Melody Parks." I tell her and Louis stands up behind me.
I feel his body heat at my back and it's making me a hundred times more nervous that he's standing so close to me in front of his mom.

"Nice to meet you Melody I just wanted to tell Louis that dinners ready. I didn't know you were having your..girlfriend over?" She now looks at him accusingly and my cheeks heat up as it's spreading down my neck.
"No we aren't-"
"Mom no-" Louis and I talk at the same time making her smile.
"Sorry I should've told you that I'm having a friend over. Melody and I were doing homework." He says scratching his neck.

"Well okay you two probably need a break come on downstairs Issie and Millie are already sitting down." She tells us and leaves the room.
Louis pushes his hands in his pockets and walks forward.
I'm paralyzed and stay on the same spot which he notices pretty quick.
"What's wrong?"

"I don't know I'm kinda scared?" I more ask than state because I don't know why it stresses me out so much that I'm going to eat with his family.
Dinners at my home aren't very pleasant.
Most of the time I'm eating alone and when I'm eating with my dad it's always tense and unbearable.
Louis smiles and walks over to me.
"No need to be nervous Melody my family is pretty chill. You'll get along and if not I'm going to defend you." He says with a charming smile and his easiness makes my heart rate slow down a bit.

He slowly holds his hand out for me to take and I smile nervously.
He gives me the choice to take his hand and go downstairs.
I know he would understand if I didn't want to.
That's the factor that convinces me to slowly put my hand in his making him smile while he leads us through the hall and down into the lions den.