𝒳𝐿

"Hey." Someone speaks up behind me.
I turn around and look into Nicks face.
He's giving me a guilty smile while he scratches his neck.
"Hi." I say back while I zip up my jacket because it's colder than I already expected.
"Listen I'm so sorry about Saturday really! You have to believe me I was already out the door but my parents happened-" I interrupt him while I put my hand on his arm.

"Don't worry." His mouth opens at my words and he looks at me surprised.
"I- your not angry?" He asks me confused.
I chuckle lightly and shake my head no.
"No." I look around the campus when I see some students of our class now waiting in front of the entrance as well as we do.
I take a step forward and pull Nick down by his jacket so I can whisper in his ear.
"I kissed Louis at the party."
I take a step back again and look into Nicks shocked face.
"What?" He shouts and I flinch.
"Shh." I tell him tensing. As I look around again but no one is paying attention to us.

I feel on edge enough after this happened.
I dodged Louis really good over the weekend but today I can't avoid him.
We're having an excursion with the class and Mrs . Cowill that's why we're standing at the entrance of school.
"Holy shit." Nick says now putting his hand over his mouth.
His eyes wander to something behind me and I turn around to see Louis and Millie coming out of school and joining a small group of students.
Louis smiles at something a girl says and I turn back around to Nick.
By the amount of people they're standing with I don't think he's going to notice us which means I'm safe for now.

"You have to tell me everything." He says and looks at me eagerly.
I knew he'd want to know and even though I'm not the type to share personal thinks like that I somehow need to get the anxiety out of my body since we kissed.
"Good Morning." Mrs. Cowill stops me from talking to Nick while she walks in front of us.
Nick and I join the big group of students and we all make our way towards the school bus that's arriving.
"Hey." Someone steps up beside me and I look up stumbling when I catch the brown eyes looking down at me.

"Uh..hi." I say after I catch myself.
"I didn't hear of you over the weekend how have you been?" He asks me a charming smile on his lips.
I look at him lamely blinking at his handsome face.
What is wrong with me?
We arrive at the bus and we stand in line.
I push my hands into the pockets of my jacket and look back up at him.
"I'm good I was very busy." I tell him and see his smile slowly fading from his lips.
The uneasiness in my stomach can't be ignored while I balance my weight on my toes anxiously.
His disappointed look on his face makes my heart ache but my coldness towards him is what is normal to me.

I can't really act in front of him now that I showed him a glimpse of my feelings for him.
I take a step towards Louis my hand outstretched but I actually don't know what I want to do.
"I'm-" I get interrupted by Nick who tells me to move while he's going up the stairs of the bus.
Louis gives me an intense stare but I turn around and quickly get up into the bus.
Nick and I sit down at the end and I watch Anna jump up from her seat motioning for Louis to sit down beside her.
Of course she offers a seat for him what a surprise.

His eyes wander over to me giving me a sad look before he sits down.
"What was that?" Nick asks beside me.
"I kind of ignored him until now since the kiss." At my words Nicks head snaps over to me.
"You did what?" I roll my eyes at him and cross my arms irritated.
My eyes stay on Anna and Louis who are chatting it up pretty excitedly.
"It doesn't matter anyways he has another distraction now."

"Oh shut it. You don't have the right to be jealous this boy is all over you for months now and you finally open up enough for him just to close up again after a kiss." I look at him sadly my chest burning.
His words are true and I know it.
"I'm a bad person." I whine and let my head fall against his shoulder.
Sometimes I really am stupid because I make things more complicated than they need to be.
He puts his arm around me and strokes my arm gently.
"No you're not. You're just human." He says soothingly and I close my eyes to not let the tears escape caused by my distress.