𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼

"Thank you for having me Mrs. Partridge." I tell the kind woman but she just smiles and waves me off.
"You're always welcome here, I'm happy you could stop by." To my surprise she grabs me by the arms and pushes me into a big hug.
"Oh." I let out a surprised breath and see Louis standing behind his mom chuckling.
She pats my back lovingly and Louis rolls his eyes.
"Okay mom I think Melody needs to go home now."

"Alright alright." She says and lets go of me.
I give her a soft smile because she's the most cordial person I know.
If I could choose I would stay here forever but I don't know which scenario is going to meet me at home.
"I'm going to bring you home." Louis tells me and I shake my head no while I grab my jacket.
"No you don't need to I can handle it." He scoffs at my answer and grabs his jacket anyways.

"Oh no darling he's definitely going to get you home it's already dark outside and you can never no who's wandering those streets." She gives me a last smile and disappears into the kitchen.
"Is she already gone?"
"Oh no I wanted to say goodbye!" I hear two rushed voices and suddenly Issie and Millie come running around the corner.
"Thank god." Millie says and rushes over to me hugging me instantly.
This is the most hugging I did since..since forever.
I chuckle lightly at her giddiness.
"Please come by someday when Louis isn't here we can have a sleepover." I nod at her smiling even though I know my dad is never going to allow that.

"I'd love to." I tell her and look to Issie who's watching her brother beside me. Her eyes have a sparkle in them when they flip over from him to me.
It confuses me for a second because it looks like she just discovered something but she hides it quickly from my eyes.
"Get home safely and you.." she nods her head over to Louis.
"Behave." Her words make a grin stretch out on my lips while Louis gives her a disturbed look.
"Let's go." He breathes out and puts his hand softly against my back walking me out. He gives his sisters a last glare and looks at them like they're crazy which causes me to chuckle.

I turn around for the last time and wave at the partridge sisters happy that I met them.
When we step out I notice that the temperature dropped to a freezing amount and you can see our breaths puffing out in a small cloud of smoke.
Louis pushes his hands into his pockets as we make our way down the steps and onto the streets.
"I like your family." I feel obligated to say something but its still the truth.
They're all a bit energetic and really open minded so different from my shy self but it's refreshing to be around them you can feel accepted.

"You do? I was a bit sceptic because they can be a little straight forward and rushing I know that you're a bit hesitant with physical contact." My eyes widen at his words because he hit the nail on the head.
But even though I am hesitant I really welcomed the warm greeting of his family. His dad wasn't at home but the others were really friendly and easy to talk to.
"No I really do they were all really friendly and welcoming." I tell him and he looks down at me a content smile on his lips.

"My sisters like you. I think they can't wait for the day I'm busy and they'll kidnap you and have a girls night with you." I chuckle at the image of me letting Millie paint my nails or Issie do my hair. That's so not me but that's what I like about the image it's welcoming to do something I never did and never had.
I had sibling nights with Timmy but it's definitely different than I would imagine a girls night.
I never did have female friends I don't know why but it never worked.
"That's alright. I don't have much experience with girls my age..girls and women in general." I say thinking of my mom.

The mood gets a bit darker at my words.
"Do you remember her?" He catches me off guard with his question.
"Who?"

"Your mom?"

"No I don't I was too young." But I wish I did.
Timothée told me a bit about her and I'm thankful for that but it's something different to hear the stories rather than to really know the person.
It's weird to not know the human who carried you for nine months in their body.
I hear that a mother daughter bond is the strongest love in the world and it's depressing that I never could do experience it.
"I'm really sorry." He says quietly looking at the ground.
"It's okay you're not responsible for it. It's hard for me to be genuinely sad about it of course I wish she'd be here but it's weird to mourn a person you don't remember." I tell him honestly.

It's quiet for a few seconds I contemplate if I should say more.
Just do it. Dare to open up.
"That's why my dad is so sensitive. I didn't loose just a mother my dad lost his wife as well. He's strict because he doesn't want to loose me."

"But is this the right way? To hold someone back from living just because he's scared to loose you." He asks me and I shrug my shoulders.
Lately I don't really know anymore what's the wrong or right way.
"I'm sorry I don't want to attack your dad in any way but from my point of view it is better to let a person go live their life and be happy your mother would've wanted you to live your life to it's fullest. If your dad is going to give you rules and hold you back forever you're going to get broken and lonely by it." He says and looks at me urgently.
His words seem to be right but what should I do?
Tell my dad I won't follow his rules anymore?
That's going to get him even more angry I'm hurting him and he's going to hurt me.
And I can't leave so I would live under horrendous circumstances.

It would be a disaster and if I would run away were would I go?
Louis sighs beside me and gets his hands out of his pockets his finger tips brushing mine by every step he takes.
I see my house coming into view at the end of the street and notice that all the lights are still out.
The mood is totally destroyed now that we talked about my dad.
"Are you mad at me?" I ask him hesitantly because I can feel the uneasiness stream from his body.

His eyes widen at my question.
"No! Why should I be mad at you?"

"Because you obviously don't like my dad and how he's acting." I tell him.
The small gate comes into view and I get out my key to open it up.
"I won't say I don't like your dad I didn't even meet him. I'm just not agreeing with his view on a few things but that has nothing to do with you trust me." He tells me.
I nod and he follows me through the gate and up the steps to my front door.

He scratches his neck and I push down my sleeves nervously.
How do we say goodbye now?
Do we hug? Give each other a handshake?
How do I say goodbye to Nick? We usually just say goodbye he knows I don't like physical contact that much.
"I wanted to ask you something but we kinda went on a wrong lane." He tells me chuckling a bit and I give him a smile in return.
His brown eyes search for mine and he takes a deep breath.
"I know that you don't like parties and all but I'm throwing one this weekend and it would mean much to me if you'd come."

I raise my brows skeptically and he holds his hands up in defense.
"Just stop by for however long you'd like Nick can come too! Just think about it?" He asks me and his urgency and desire for me to be at his party touches my heart that I can't say no.
I don't know how I can figure this out with dad but I will try my best.
"Okay I will think about it." I tell him nodding my head.
A wide grin stretches out on his lips and it's so contagious that I have to smile as well.

"Perfect! Thank you." He puts his arms around my waist hugging me and I hug him around his neck in surprise.
It catches me completely off guard as his hands leave a prickling feeling on my skin.
"Uh no problem." I say flustered.
His body warmth streams over to mine and a fuzzy feeling starts in my tummy and spreads over into my brain.
I feel a little light headed but it's the good kind so I let it take over.
He takes a step back the smile not leaving his face and I blink in confusion at the feeling I get when he touches me.
"See you in school." He tells me not noticing how caught off guard I am.
I nod and he rushes down the steps a new jump to his step as he makes his way home.

I chuckle and open the front door closing it behind me.
I let my bag drop to the ground and listen for a sound in the house.
Silence.
No ones home.
I walk over to the dining table and put my keys on it a small note catching my eye.

I'm down with Wayne for fishing coming back next Tuesday.
Behave.
Love Dad

No way! Pure euphoria floats through my body and I let out a happy laugh at the sensation of dad being away for a week.
This happens rarely and I do a little happy dance flopping down on the couch.
For the first time the stars are aligned for my luck.