𝐿𝒳𝐼

Louis' POV

She's sitting on my bed for twenty minutes now and hasn't spoken a word.
I gave her a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate which are grasped by her dainty fingers never letting go.
She stares at my bedroom wall behind me making me really worried about her well being.
I knew something was up and I was right.
I still don't know what but I know it has something to do with her father.
My eyes wander over to the leather bag that she took with her.

I still have the image of her dad laying beside the dining table a small puddle of blood forming around his head.
I don't know what happened but by the way her hair was disheveled her clothes hanging in pieces around her dainty body I can imagine them fighting.
And something far more dangerous.
I ball up my hands into fists but try to calm myself down it won't help anyone if I get mad now.
We should've probably called up an ambulance but I was too angry to do it.
He deserved what he got.
Still I'm completely overwhelmed and think we should tell an adult because two seventeen year olds can't handle this bloody hell.

"Melody." I whisper slowly and get down onto my knees so I can look intoher eyes.
Her eyes move to my face and it's as if she's out of her daze while her eyes start to glaze over.
My heart breaks at her look and I cautiously put my hand against her cheek.
She flinches but doesn't tell me to let go while she pushes her cheek into my hand closing her eyes.
"You need to tell me what happened so I can help you." I try to reason with her.
A few tears roll down hear cheeks and I quickly catch them with my thumb swiping them away.

"I don't know what to do now..he's going to ruin it...everything..maybe I should call Timmy." She mumbles but it seems like she's talking to herself which scares me.
I let my hands drop from her cheeks but still kneel in front of her.
Suddenly her eyes focus on my face and a sorrow look forms on her face.
"I'm so sorry you didn't deserve all of this." I furrow my brows at her words because I don't know what she's talking about.
"What do you mean?"

"He's going to spread rumors and lies about you and he's probably going to press charges." She looks desperate as she drops her face in her hands.
"Your dad?" I ask her not knowing what to do to make her feel better because every second she's sad is pulling at my heart.
"He- he will do anything to ruin your life. We fought and I couldn't take it anymore." She sobs and I want to hug her but when I touch her shoulder she flinches and looks up scared.
I quickly raise my hands to show her that I'm not going to do anything she doesn't want to.
God I could kill this bastard for what he's done to her.
"I won't do anything you don't consent with Melody it's me." I say softly and she nods slowly.
"I know, I know." She says two times.

She lets out a small breath and pushes her hair out of her face while she placed the cup onto my nightstand.
I stand up and sit down beside her legs crossed and cautious that some space is between us.
"You're safe here and everything is going to be fine. Your dad has nothing against me." I say shrugging my shoulders.
She turns to me determination painted on her face.
"I don't know what connections he has Louis he seriously could damage your career."

"And? It's already happened we shouldn't worry about this. I don't care." I try to make her understand that I really don't care. All I care about right now is her well being and that she never goes back to that asshole.

I can't believe he really made her stay away from me.
He blackmailed her and she listened to him because she didn't want me to loose my career.
As if it would mean anything if it means she wouldn't be by my side.
Nothing matters to me if she isn't going to be by my side and I thought I made that pretty clear but obviously she doesn't know it.

I slowly put my hand above hers and when she doesn't pull hers away I intertwine our fingers.
"I'm willing to do anything so you stay by my side. We're going to figure something out but Melody you need to accept our help. Don't push people away who want just good for you." I whisper and she looks up at me.
Her eyes are red brimmed but even now she looks like the most beautiful girl I ever saw and ever will see.

"I was terrible. I didn't want to leave you, you know that right? Forget everything I said or have done. I was so scared he would hurt you in any kind of way. I just wanted to protect everyone who's close to me but in the end it didn't work." She whispers and I catch a lonely tear rolling down her cheek.

Her concern for me touches something deep inside me making my love for her flare up even more.
"I know but you don't have to do this alone. Promise me you won't ever leave me again?" I ask her and she looks at me a surprised look in her eyes.

"What?" I ask her and she shakes her head.
"I never thought that after all that happened and I mean from the beginning until now that you'd still want this." She says squeezing our intertwined hands.

"Why wouldn't I want it?"

"Because everything I brought you was chaos and pain.
That's everything I bring always." My brows furrow at her words.
Doesn't she know how much joy and happiness she brings me?

I'm sure Nick, Timothée, Lilly and even Millie would agree with me if they were here.
"Melody everything you brought me was wonderful. It was such an unique raw feeling, it was and still is pure love. You're too good for everything you got from your father and I can't understand how anyone would want to hurt such a beautiful human being like you.
You're worth all the troubles in the world."

Her cheeks get a rosy tint and more tears roll over her eyes.
She lets out a low chuckle as she dries her cheeks with her sleeve.
"You're too good for me." She whispers but I shake my head no disagreeing with her.

"You're too good for me." I whisper and she leans her face against my shoulder.
I close my eyes putting my chin on top of her head.
My room is quiet just as the rest of the house but it feels good.

It's like I can hear her heart beating for me through the silence just like mine is beating for her.
"I love you." She whispers and my heart squeezes happily at her words.
The euphoria that spreads through my veins at her words is indescribable and it makes me feel like the happiest person in the world.
I put one arm around her slowly to not scare her and she lets me push her down so we both lay side by side on my bed.

Her head stays on my chest while I hug her towards me scared to let her go.
I won't ever let her leave again even if she's screaming at me and wanting to go.
I'm going to protect from every bad in the world as long as I can.

"Please say that again." I whisper desperate to hear the words again I waited for so long.
"I love you Louis Partridge." She tells me again and I sigh that are probably the most beautiful words I will ever hear in my life.

Whatever is gonna happen tomorrow or in the future we're going to endure it.
Cause we both are going to support each other.
We're going to figure out how to get rid of her father but I know we can't do it alone.
It's time for Timothée to visit England again.

"I love you even more." I whisper even though I know she already fell asleep due to her rising and falling chest in an even pattern.
My eyes close as well and for the first time in weeks I can sleep peacefully while I hold my girl close to me making sure that no one is going to hurt her ever again.