arabella | k. omega

Start from the beginning

"seriously man, when will you get over your crush on her? i'm pretty sure that she's with jack anyways" he said a little too loudly making kenny's eyes go wide as he gently smacked him. much to his dismay, arabella has already heard arin's voice and turned around to face their table, her perfect blonde hair swaying in the wind like if it was in slow motion.

he quickly sat back on his seat as his blue eyes met her own. he felt his cheeks burn as she tilted her head at him with a smirk on her pink plump lips and offered him a wink before returning to the conversation going on in their table-

"mister omega! do you fancy getting detention later? i heard you have a big track and field meet and i would hate to ruin it for you"

kenny snapped back into the real world as he heard the stern words of his physics teacher and looked up to see her sterner stare at him.

he gulped before answering, "no ma'am, can you repeat the question, please?" he asked, trying his best to ignore the the eyes of his classmates all boring into him and even worse, this was one of the few classes he shared with arabella and he was making a complete fool of himself.

out of all the times that jack was paying attention in class, of course it was when he got embarrassed, kenny thought as he saw jack whispering in arabella's ear looking straight at him as he did so and if the amused smile was any tell, he was up to no good.

the teacher tsk-ed before walking back to the front of the class. "i asked you for the difference between vector and scalar quantities, mister omega. now if you could so kindly grace us with your answer"

and of course it was such an easy question, great job kenny. arabella's totally into you now

"a vector quantity has both the magnitude as well as the direction while scalar quantity only has the magnitude"

the teacher nodded before writing it down with a snarky "better focus next time, it would be such a shame if your coach found out that you weren't paying attention in class"

for the rest of the class, kenny was laser focused on whatever the teacher was going on about. he had definitely learned his lesson, for that day at least but he was still feeling humiliated after their exchange and needless to say, he might take up on arin's offer of that new sci-fi movie just to take his mind off of this day.

he had never felt such relief as he did when the bell rang, standing up and leaving the room as fast as he can, bumping and apologizing to people on the way there. his day was absolutely ruined and he was sure that this was going to be one of those moments that his mind just forces him to think about whenever he can't sleep. it'll haunt him for eternity, these kinds of moments always do.

he fast-walked all the way to his locker where he basically shoved his physics book, projecting his anger into it before grabbing his biology book.

the biology teacher was way worse, no one has ever seen the man in a good mood and now he knew that this day was truly coming to end him.

he slammed the locker door shut in frustration, jumping a feet into the air when he saw arabella staring at him from the side where the locker door was.

she was focused on him entirely with an entertained smile on her face because of his reaction. he sneaked a peek behind him but saw no one, not even jack, her rumored boyfriend. her arms were crossed across her chest, the faux cheetah print coat she wore loose around her shoulders and she was wearing a low cut, spaghetti strap lacy black top. his eyes couldn't help themselves but gaze at her collarbones, the nape of her neck travelling up to her face.

the amused smile she had only grew as his face got hot.

she definitely noticed me checking her out

"biology's canceled, some of the teachers have an announcement to make so they want us at the gymnasium"

and again, kenny was caught in a trance at her melodic, feminine voice and he just stared at her, eyes soft and mouth slightly agape. then again though, she had that effect on everyone so no one could really blame kenny.

she giggled lightly, slender index finger coming to his chin to close his mouth. "uh yeah. gymnasium" he nodded, still dazed as he began walking to where the students were all at.

what he didn't notice until he sat down though, was that arabella followed him and was sitting at the seat next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. now he feels like such a douche for not walking beside her or paying more attention. everyone at the school would jump at the chance of being where he was.

"you seem surprised to see me" she said leaning back on her chair and ruffling her hair up.

the way she maintained eye contact was going to end him, he knew it.

"uh yeah, i really didn't expect it and i don't think your friends did too" he stuttered out, discreetly pointing at her friends who were unhappily staring at the both of them.

"they'll manage without me but i see arin just entered so i'll leave this seat for him" she said standing up but not before holding his hand and writing her number on his arm with a "call me ♡"